Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB New or Used LTE Modem and Sim for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you DIY the upgrade or were you trying to buy the part to have the SC do the upgrade? I'm asking because I still have 3G in my car. How much did you end up paying, if I may ask? My understanding is that it's a $500 job at the SC.
This in most cases is a plug and play upgrade that replaces the original 3g modem. The SC would not sell me the modem or sim so I had to go elsewhere to find them. They will also tell you that the upgrade requires programming which again in most cases does not. I had to replace my MCU screen and I upgraded the EMMC memory with EVFixMe here on the forum. I figured that while it was out I might as well do the modem as well (I paid $200 for a pre owned one). So far so good!