Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WWYD: The Ultimate Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
exactly 4 weeks to the day from returning my leased car to Mercedes. Previous cars include 3 600whp cars as daily drivers, so I like powerful cars.

I am considering a M3P, but I have some concerns......

WWYD?

I am in a similar boat. I am renting a M3 for a few days to help me decide. One thing I have noticed is that it seems “smaller” and even more minimalistic than I expected (and I had ridden in M3’s before). So far, I would say it kinda feels BMW 3 series-like. Kinda.

My next step is going to be to rent a Model S for a few days and make my decision after that.

Maybe renting one for a few days will help your decision process.

I am exactly 4 weeks to the day from returning my leased car to Mercedes. Previous cars include 3 600whp cars as daily drivers, so I like powerful cars.

I am considering a M3P, but I have some concerns and think I might be crazy for even considering this. I am reading multiple threads on here of people with build quality, fit and finish, missing pieces, etc. I would be purchasing the M3P vs leasing another BMW/Merc/Audi.

I am not so concerned with depreciation, as I would plan to own the car for 5+ years.

What I'm considering

Leasing bmw 440i
Leasing something else
purchasing M3P

I am really aiming this question towards owners and not perspective buyers. If you could return time and the notion that you didn't make a mistake of a purchase, would you still buy your M3P?

WWYD?

I didn’t start a thread on build quality, fit, finish and missing pieces.

Because I didn’t have any of the above issues.

See how that works?

You are half way to winning the race by considering the 3P.

Don’t f it up and settle for a 4 series.

Your thread might as well be titled:

“I might be cray enough to consider a 4 series over a 3P”.

Your username would be fitting. ;)

I’ve tamed many multiples of 3 series, 4 series, M3 this, m5 that, i8 bla bla.

The 3P is a beast. Best dollar to speed out there.

My holding period is also 5 years +

3.3 0-60 is probably going to always be pretty fast.

HW3 and FSD has good staying power and utility even if it only achieves flawless L2 autonomy.

Last edited:
OP, there was another thread a couple of months ago or so with a similar theme, from a poster named @destructure00 (hope he doesnt mind me quoting him). Its a really good read and on topic of what you are asking.

Feedback from BMW or other premium brand converts?

One thing you will see by reading that thread is, there are a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of tesla drivers who either still have a german car or got rid of one to get their tesla.

In fact, I would feel that BMW has to be hurting the most from tesla specifically.. as its likely the most "mass market" of the premium luxury german car market, and it feels like every other person here either owns or owned a BMW.

Give that thread a read, and see what you think. One thing to remember about that thread however is that it was pre hardware 3, and pre elon personally coming out on twitter and confirming that, yes everyone who purchased a tesla and got FSD would get the new hardware retrofitted.

So, dont get confused by that part of the conversation in that thread :)
I don't mind at all, and after almost 6 weeks of ownership I have zero regrets. Thought I would miss my BMW at least a little bit, nope. I tracked the BMW a couple times, have my first track day in the M3P coming up on May 18, so that'll be the last comparison milestone that I have that's currently missing.

Reactions: jjrandorin