Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a March 2020 Performance with 29k miles. Looking at the prices of them now and what I’d get as a trade in, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. I quite envy your position.

I’ve not really had any issues with mine. The usual condensation in the rear light clusters and carbon spoiler lifting all done under warranty. No suspension issues yet but would replace with one of the various none Tesla upgrades once out of warranty if/when needed. My battery degradation is under 3% and would get 250 miles on average. I never have though as the bladder requires a discharge before the car needs a recharge.

Good luck.

Mine is a March 2020 Performance with 29k miles. Looking at the prices of them now and what I’d get as a trade in, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. I quite envy your position.

I’ve not really had any issues with mine. The usual condensation in the rear light clusters and carbon spoiler lifting all done under warranty. No suspension issues yet but would replace with one of the various none Tesla upgrades once out of warranty if/when needed. My battery degradation is under 3% and would get 250 miles on average. I never have though as the bladder requires a discharge before the car needs a recharge.

Good luck.
Its definitely a buyers market, not just for Teslas but used in general. In that sense happy to get rid of the lease and own but the tax saving and 'free' insurance was mega.

Even my 73 has condensation in the tail lights but I wont bother getting it sorted as its going back in a few backs.

Is it normal for the M3P rear spoiler to delaminate or is it mostly the lifting? Lifting is an easy fix but delaminating would be a bit crap.

At a budget of 24-26k there doesnt appear to be much competition that offers the range, pano roof, size, frunk, storage or sport looks that a M3 offers with lower mileage and a warranty that covers both drivetrain and HV.

Ive pretty much looked at everything and the only one that comes close minus the mileage is an EQC, which has been discontinued and has a lot of safety recalls that are quite concerning. Got to admit the interior is amazing. Maybe I Pace but the insurance is a hell of a lot more and storage is small.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
At a budget of 24-26k there doesnt appear to be much competition that offers the range, pano roof, size, frunk, storage or sport looks that a M3 offers with lower mileage and a warranty that covers both drivetrain and HV.

Ive pretty much looked at everything and the only one that comes close minus the mileage is an EQC, which has been discontinued and has a lot of safety recalls that are quite concerning. Got to admit the interior is amazing. Maybe I pace but the insurance is a hell of a lot more.
Think it's the right choice. Go for it.

Reactions: Tonyf and carnutt
It seems the HP doesnt do well in short cold journeys, Ive noticed this with mine, the older system is supposedly better with wh in lower temps but worse in high temps.
Not sure I’ve seen anything that suggests that but I think in UK climate, you’ll always be better off with a heat pump. However if you can get the range you want anyway, I’d not worry about it.

Saw one in green today, very nice, looks like a baby Urus
It does look nice, it’s comfortable as well but many many issues and the range on an R is shockingly bad.

Checked insurance, Standard, LR, Performance, all the same price. Crazy, but I wont complain.
Think they all probably hit top insurance band so won’t make any difference by that point. My 905hp Eletre R is a lot cheaper to insure than my 300hp Disco 5 was 😉

Reactions: carnutt
Not sure I’ve seen anything that suggests that but I think in UK climate, you’ll always be better off with a heat pump. However if you can get the range you want anyway, I’d not worry about it.

It does look nice, it’s comfortable as well but many many issues and the range on an R is shockingly bad.

Think they all probably hit top insurance band so won’t make any difference by that point. My 905hp Eletre R is a lot cheaper to insure than my 300hp Disco 5 was 😉

Yeah, 200+ miles worse case is still decent considering the competitors and performance on offer.

Seems like Jaguar / LR get hit with Range Rover tax, in my case 30% more than an M3P for an I Pace.

Holy **** 905hp, how much torque?

Yeah, 200+ miles worse case is still decent considering the competitors and performance on offer.

Seems like Jaguar / LR get hit with Range Rover tax, in my case 30% more than an M3P for an I Pace.

Holy **** 905hp, how much torque?
985Nm of torque.

The issue is it’s 600hp odd on the rear axle and has no limited slip diff or two motors there like a Plaid to do it with motors, just brake based so it can be a bit of a handful.

The £165 will apply to all EVs per year, whenever registered. The £355 will only apply to new cars registered after April 2025 between years 2 and 6.

Of course, things could change after the election, but I don't think Labour intend to make any changes.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon