TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wyoming??

Discussion in 'North America' started by tessnme, Mar 19, 2015.

1. tessnme

tessnme Member

Does anyone know what's going on in Wyoming? The state is a big hole in the cross country supercharging network. Tesla's map shows a supercharger in Sheridan "coming soon", but supercharge.info shows no permit and no construction.

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

3. tessnme

tessnme Member

Sheridan WY is mentioned only as "needed". Too bad we don't have any forum members near Sheridan.

4. Thumper

Thumper Member

Had been planning a road trip from Oregon to Chicago since getting delivery Jan. 2013. Gave up on it last week and made plane reservations before there were none at decent prices. No charger in Sheridan or Gillette. I could have coped with one missing, but two in a row is too much. I'm sure Tesla is doing its best, but I am disappointed.

5. tessnme

tessnme Member

It almost seems like Wyoming has decided to play the oil state political card and block superchargers.

6. MSEV

MSEV Member

7. Cottonwood

See latest news at Crowd Funding an HPWC in Sheridan, WY — Casper and Gillette to Possibly Follow - Page 4 and my analysis of this route at Crowd Funding an HPWC in Sheridan, WY — Casper and Gillette to Possibly Follow - Page 5.

Hopefully, there will be 80 Amp HPWC's in Sheridan by the time you take your trip, and if we are all lucky, some more in Gillette by then.

Have a great trip!

8. Rownolds

Rownolds High Mileage Member

Crowdfunding thread now says "Hampton Inn HPWC is installed as of 4/20/15 and is only awaiting a 100Amp breaker.
    Also, FWIW, staff at the Best Western downtown says they are getting the SC in Sheridan, but that construction won't start until July.

9. Rownolds

Rownolds High Mileage Member

Spoke with the General Manager (Gunter H. Orband) at the Best Western Sheridan in downtown. He confirms that they are getting the SC's in their parking lot and says they are starting construction "in early May".
    However, seeing as it isn't showing as permitted yet at supercharge.info, beginning of construction may be delayed.

10. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Great sleuthing!!!

11. Cottonwood

I suspect that your sleuthing and reporting here may have created the blue dot in Sheridan! :cool:

12. Edgewood Dome

Edgewood Dome Member

Well...it's early May. Has anyone checked to see if there is any activity at the Best Western?

13. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

Sheridan supercharger broke ground this week.

14. pox

pox Member

It's not a super charger, double the speed of a RV park. I have a 80amp HPWC at my office in Riverton, Wy 98 Gas Hills Rd. Free for anyone to use M-F 8to5.