Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 10 year plan back in June for my 2020 X and am satisfied. My only callout is to pay for approved claims on your own CC and wait for the reimbursed check in the mail -- which took about 2 weeks. I waited on the phone for over 20 minutes for Xcare to give them payment info and just ended up using my own CC (and got the points).

Just a quick tip for others out there. In hindsight it was a no-brainer to use my own CC.
Hi, glad we were able to help and sorry for the delay on our claims line. In the future, if you can get the direct email of your Service Advisor we can also email payment info directly, so you don't have to wait. Many of our members like to pay and get reimbursed, to get their miles/points/cashback, and as long as the claim is Approved (thanks for pointing that out) it is not a problem to go this route. Cheers! -Team XCare

What is the deal with the service? I applied for finance 3 weeks ago, sent a follow up email 3 days ago and I still haven't heard back. If this is how XCare EV is in the begining of the process, I just wonder how it's going to be if I have to make a claim. Maybe XCare doesn't really finance?

What is the deal with the service? I applied for finance 3 weeks ago, sent a follow up email 3 days ago and I still haven't heard back. If this is how XCare EV is in the begining of the process, I just wonder how it's going to be if I have to make a claim. Maybe XCare doesn't really finance?
HI @Darkwing1 - happy to address whatever issue you are seeing. XCare is a warranty product which has no application process - we do have payment plan offerings but there is also no application process for that either. Perhaps you are referring to our leasing/financing department within our company, Xcelerate Auto. Our XCare claims process and our leasing & financing teams are different. Nevertheless, we can assist and get someone on the right team to reach out to you. I will DM you for your name, email and date of application so we can get someone to reach out. Or simply email [email protected].

Reactions: ngng and kpanda17
Hi, glad we were able to help and sorry for the delay on our claims line. In the future, if you can get the direct email of your Service Advisor we can also email payment info directly, so you don't have to wait. Many of our members like to pay and get reimbursed, to get their miles/points/cashback, and as long as the claim is Approved (thanks for pointing that out) it is not a problem to go this route. Cheers! -Team XCare

That's cool, I like points. Wish I knew that before my first warranty service...but I also wasn't going to risk not being repaid the first time lol

Update:
Got a call from Brent today, and he explainded how my extended warranty financing submition was mixed up with a pre-owned vehicle finance request. After the explenation I understood how the mix up happened and how this was a misunderstanding. I appreciated the call from Brent and the detailed explenation on the issue I had. Also, on the additional concerns I had with purchasing an extened warranty. Brent is a very professional and experienced individual!

Bottom line, I purchased a 4 yr deal. 😁

Folks, I want to share a testimonial.....X-Care SAVED MY BEHIND this week on my '16 S P90D.

I have X-Care covering my vehicle systems and my battery/DU. Last week, I had both a massive failure of my MCU, and my front struts started rattling and moaning like crazy. Two big ticket expenses all at once. Tesla quoted me $4,700 to fix them.

X-Care verified coverage within 1 hour of getting the quote with a cause of failure, and took that huge stress off of me, and the reimbursement check is already being processed. There was no pushback, or "welll, but...." Just "Yep, those failed, here you go!"

I highly, highly recommend their coverage, they are fantastic to work with.

Folks, I want to share a testimonial.....X-Care SAVED MY BEHIND this week on my '16 S P90D.

I have X-Care covering my vehicle systems and my battery/DU. Last week, I had both a massive failure of my MCU, and my front struts started rattling and moaning like crazy. Two big ticket expenses all at once. Tesla quoted me $4,700 to fix them.

X-Care verified coverage within 1 hour of getting the quote with a cause of failure, and took that huge stress off of me, and the reimbursement check is already being processed. There was no pushback, or "welll, but...." Just "Yep, those failed, here you go!"

I highly, highly recommend their coverage, they are fantastic to work with.
This is why we do what we do. Some folks on the Forums are of the opinion (and they are entitled to have one, for sure) that a warranty is not a great investment. Those same people will not open their checkbook when you get a grenade in your lap like this, but we do at XCare... every day.
So glad to have helped, and appreciate the shout out, you made our day today! Team XCare

Reactions: dorcse
This is why we do what we do. Some folks on the Forums are of the opinion (and they are entitled to have one, for sure) that a warranty is not a great investment. Those same people will not open their checkbook when you get a grenade in your lap like this, but we do at XCare... every day.
So glad to have helped, and appreciate the shout out, you made our day today! Team XCare

Y'all nailed it. I'm still singing X-Care's praises - I am truly impressed with how quickly and enthusiastically y'all approved my claim and paid out. This single claim nearly fully covered the cost of my 7 year contract (less than 1 year in), and I know that would have many 'lesser' warranty companies pushing back on coverage, hunting down used parts, etc. This actually felt to me than getting a Tesla factory warranty repair approved!!

The other thing I want to point out to folks looking at options........there are a lot of local shops starting to offer low cost warranties. The thing to remember there is that if you have a failure, you can ONLY bring your car to their shop. And if they can't fix it, you're hosed. But more importantly, X-Care still covers you if you take your car to an independent shop, nationwide. So, stick with the widest range of coverage via X-Care and still go to your indy shop of choice.

I know I'm going to get some "der how much they pay you" type of DMs, but No. Truly, I'm just that jazzed that this process worked so smoothly, and that I didn't have to drop the cost of a fancy Disney trip with the family into two struts and a screen overnight!

Xcare does seem to be amazingly great with every aspect of their offering. The big question, that no one can answer with certainly, is if the service will be as good when you need it 5-10 years from now. They'll have everyone's money in their pocket by then and so many of the cars they covered will start failing outside of warranty. Tesla clearly doesn't want to make it inexpensive to fix their cars, even when it's their own engineering and design issues, so their business will start seeing a decline of income and a massive increase in warranty payout expenses. Everyone that works at Xcare today could be gone by then and the company could have been bought and sold multiple times. Look at Tesla, they had great service in the early days and now they lick their chops when they see you coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngng
Xcare does seem to be amazingly great with every aspect of their offering. The big question, that no one can answer with certainly, is if the service will be as good when you need it 5-10 years from now. They'll have everyone's money in their pocket by then and so many of the cars they covered will start failing outside of warranty. Tesla clearly doesn't want to make it inexpensive to fix their cars, even when it's their own engineering and design issues, so their business will start seeing a decline of income and a massive increase in warranty payout expenses. Everyone that works at Xcare today could be gone by then and the company could have been bought and sold multiple times. Look at Tesla, they had great service in the early days and now they lick their chops when they see you coming.

This is a great question and fair to ask. We used to get this same question when we started XCare 5 years ago, and we are still here. Obviously we dont plan on going anywhere, but in the event where something were to happen, every single XCare policy is backed and guaranteed by AmTrust financial, which is one of the largest insurance banks in the country. We do not self insure these policies. We made that partnership before we launched XCare 5 years ago to give the confidence to owners knowing that they are buying something that is reliable for the entirety of their term.

Reactions: Predation
This is a great question and fair to ask. We used to get this same question when we started XCare 5 years ago, and we are still here. Obviously we dont plan on going anywhere, but in the event where something were to happen, every single XCare policy is backed and guaranteed by AmTrust financial, which is one of the largest insurance banks in the country. We do not self insure these policies. We made that partnership before we launched XCare 5 years ago to give the confidence to owners knowing that they are buying something that is reliable for the entirety of their term.

The question is not whether or not you'll be around in 10 years. The question is whether or not the service will still be good by then. You know what they say, "past performance is not indicative of future results." Again, look at how Tesla's service has gone so far down the tubes that their warranty is often not worth the paper it's printed on now. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The question is not whether or not you'll be around in 10 years. The question is whether or not the service will still be good by then. You know what they say, "past performance is not indicative of future results." Again, look at how Tesla's service has gone so far down the tubes that their warranty is often not worth the paper it's printed on now. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

You could always get a prorated refund if you start seeing negative reviews.

Reactions: SUP THO
Your point is legit. I'm thinking if one have that level of future cast, what are you doing here. I'd suggest you work the magic in the private equity arena. With that income level, one can buy the most expensive Tesla each new year and donate last year to charity. Problem solved? Thinking out loud.

Which one you picked for Extended warranty ? xcare seems too expensive now

have you found any good reviews on Evolve, anyone gone thru the claim process and vouch for them ?
Hey @ron81 Keep in mind that we offer financing! :D
Its 20% down and 11 equal payments of the balance with no interest or fees. If you are interested in our 0% financing option, navigate to our site https://www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare
Then enter your vehicle info, select your term, and go all the way until you see the payment screen. Exit the page and someone from our team will reach out to assist. Be sure to let them know that you are interested in the payment plan.

-XCare

Reactions: DerbyDave
Hey @ron81 Keep in mind that we offer financing! :D
Its 20% down and 11 equal payments of the balance with no interest or fees. If you are interested in our 0% financing option, navigate to our site https://www.xcelerateauto.com/xcare
Then enter your vehicle info, select your term, and go all the way until you see the payment screen. Exit the page and someone from our team will reach out to assist. Be sure to let them know that you are interested in the payment plan.

-XCare

Thanks but still total amount doesn’t change

Xcare around $6500 VS $3K
For same 6 yr, 75K miles, no deductible

per Evolve contract - This is a factory warranty with exclusionary coverage. That means it's only going to list the items that are not covered.

If it's covered under the Tesla's manufacturer warranty, it is covered under this factory warranty unless stated otherwise in the extended warranty.

(so i guess i have to keep all the documents saved i.e Tesla's warranty coverage as of signing date and all communications )

huge gap in pricing on 2019 MX : i.e Xcare around $6500 VS $3K on evolve (For same 6 yr, 75K miles, no deductible)

per Evolve contract - If it's covered under the Tesla's manufacturer warranty, it is covered under this factory warranty unless stated otherwise in the extended warranty.

Your choice ron81, I know how Xcare works and have used it with no problems. Actually going in Monday for another Tesla repair. Xcare service has been stellar for me in the past and now in the future. Personally I have never heard of Evolve so I have no idea how their service is or what other people have said about them. The price sounds good but you usually get what you pay for.

Reactions: XCare EV