Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X-Care Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: I heard back from Brent via email and he indicated that no, I would not be able to have an active warranty when I pick up the car. He said the shipping portion would eat up most of the 30-day wait but to me, the first few days are the most critical as that’s when I would be checking out the car carefully and driving the car a bunch while visiting family on the west coast before I have it shipped home to Hawaii.

I’m going to either just rent a car, or find a newer Tesla that still has the factory warranty active most likely a M3P or MYP as that’s the budget I’m working with.

-Paul

Hello,

Xcare is a great service provider and I have had some friends in the Chicagoland area who have used them for their older 2016-2017 Tesla Model S/X. I recently bought a used Tesla and went with Xcare as well, very easy to work with, has great responsiveness and claims are simple. My Model S has almost 30K miles on it and Xcare has been great for me so far as the car is 2017, so Tesla's warranty expired a while ago. Use my code Sofa3185 and You'll receive a discount on your purchase! Feel free to ask me any questions.

Hello,

Xcare is a great service provider and I have had some friends in the Chicagoland area who have used them for their older 2016-2017 Tesla Model S/X. I recently bought a used Tesla and went with Xcare as well, very easy to work with, has great responsiveness and claims are simple. My Model S has almost 30K miles on it and Xcare has been great for me so far as the car is 2017, so Tesla's warranty expired a while ago. Use my code Sofa3185 and You'll receive a discount on your purchase! Feel free to ask me any questions.
Glad we could help, and thanks for the testimonial! Have a great week!

Guy joined today and has two posts both pushing to use his code. Not sure that is a good testimonial.

M
Yea, any testimonial followed by a referral code is iffy to me.

I'm about to buy a warranty from Evolve, although I can't find much about them here on the forums.

These are the key differences between Evolve and Xcare:

Evolve covers:
-HV and DU
-no 'official' waiting period of 30 days
-zero deductible
-was very easy to reach someone via phone to ask questions

But they DO NOT cover headlights of any kind

Both warranties give you a complete refund within 30 days or a prorated refund thereafter. Both are transferable. I believe Xcare if $50 and Evolve is $150

Unfortunately XCare isn't an option for me because of high miles but they also haven't rolled out their Battery and DU coverage either so that's a big one. I guess we will see. I'll definitely be keeping the forums updated.

Oh, and when I asked about reman/new battery, the answer was based on the cost of the new battery vs reman. "Sometimes the warranty will request remanned if the shop is charging an unusually high price."

I find that answer somewhat vague, as the price that Teslas charges for new is the price... but the good thing is you can go to Tesla or a third party shop.

I appreciate the interest in the Evolve warranty, and I actually did a critique of it for a prospect recently.

This is what I found:

Page one
  • Television/Navigation screens not covered = MCU
  • Reasonable cost of repairs is determined by their administrator. This opens you way up to their determination of reasonable cost, including hourly labor rate (Tesla = $175-195, most warranties consider $95-105 per hour "reasonable")
  • 4 hr job, you're on the hook for another $300-400 because somehow they determine what is "reasonable" and you have no recourse. (XCare pays full rack rate for Service).

Page two
  • Maximum payout on batteries not to exceed $100 (so much for their battery coverage).
  • Diagnostic time not covered, Tesla typically has $175-195 diagnostic fee, which we cover if it leads to a covered repair.
  • Taxes not covered.
  • Visa reimbursement (they do not pay at Service Checkout, so you get to pay and wait for the money.
  • Any non-compliance with the aforementioned conditions is grounds for denial of claims.
Hope this is helpful. The maximum payout for batteries is spelled out very clearly in their contract.

Our Battery and Drive Unit coverage releases next month. We will be covering full replacement of battery (up to $25000) and drive unit until 250,000 miles.

As for the person who just joined and is singing our praises, we appreciate it, and there is enough good press on this and other forums to not need to arrange reviews.

Cheers! Brent @ XCare

p.s. If Evolve's warranty has changed, please forward it to us at [email protected]

Attachments

• ASC:EVolve warranty.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Helpful
Reactions: Wurzig and MP3Mike
I appreciate the interest in the Evolve warranty, and I actually did a critique of it for a prospect recently.

This is what I found:

Page one
  • Television/Navigation screens not covered = MCU
  • Reasonable cost of repairs is determined by their administrator. This opens you way up to their determination of reasonable cost, including hourly labor rate (Tesla = $175-195, most warranties consider $95-105 per hour "reasonable")
  • 4 hr job, you're on the hook for another $300-400 because somehow they determine what is "reasonable" and you have no recourse. (XCare pays full rack rate for Service).

Page two
  • Maximum payout on batteries not to exceed $100 (so much for their battery coverage).
  • Diagnostic time not covered, Tesla typically has $175-195 diagnostic fee, which we cover if it leads to a covered repair.
  • Taxes not covered.
  • Visa reimbursement (they do not pay at Service Checkout, so you get to pay and wait for the money.
  • Any non-compliance with the aforementioned conditions is grounds for denial of claims.
Hope this is helpful. The maximum payout for batteries is spelled out very clearly in their contract.

Our Battery and Drive Unit coverage releases next month. We will be covering full replacement of battery (up to $25000) and drive unit until 250,000 miles.

As for the person who just joined and is singing our praises, we appreciate it, and there is enough good press on this and other forums to not need to arrange reviews.

Cheers! Brent @ XCare

p.s. If Evolve's warranty has changed, please forward it to us at [email protected]
Hey Brent,

My car is about 146k miles on it - I went to the XCare page and it would not give me a quote. Is this because y'all don't offer coverage for it? Will the new HV + DU be offered as additional coverage only or can it be purchased stand-alone?

As merely a customer, I'd love to have the option to choose y'all but right now, I'm not being given that option. =/

As for Evolve, what you're saying is correct except:

DU and tech is covered with their Hybrid/EV Addendum and Tech Addendum. This overrides the $100 Max Battery coverage. I had them send me a sample agreement. I will attached those two pages here. I will note that the EV addendum does not specifically say the words "HV" or "High Voltage" battery but it does say the battery, charger, etc will be covered. I believe the MCU would be covered as well with the tech package.

And yes, I understand they don't pay taxes or diagnostic but then there's also no deductible. Of course on an item like a 20k HV battery, that's quite a bit of change that amounts to ~1400 here in Florida plus the diagnostic fee. So you're right on that account. You'd have to rack up quite a few visits with the deductible to get to that amount but many visits is not unheard of with Teslas sadly. I've heard some people make more than 2 or 3 visits for the same issue, each time getting charged a diagnostic fee even when it IS a covered issue!

Of course I'd love to compare apples to apples but that's sometimes not possible.

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpeg
    IMG_0648.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 37
Hey Brent,

My car is about 146k miles on it - I went to the XCare page and it would not give me a quote. Is this because y'all don't offer coverage for it? Will the new HV + DU be offered as additional coverage only or can it be purchased stand-alone?

As merely a customer, I'd love to have the option to choose y'all but right now, I'm not being given that option. =/

DU and tech is covered with their Hybrid/EV Addendum and Tech Addendum. This overrides the $100 Max Battery coverage. I had them send me a sample agreement. I will attached those two pages here. I will note that the EV addendum does not specifically say the words "HV" or "High Voltage" battery but it does say the battery, charger, etc will be covered. I believe the MCU would be covered as well with the tech package.

And yes, I understand they don't pay taxes or diagnostic but then there's also no deductible. Of course on an item like a 20k HV battery, that's quite a bit of change that amounts to ~1400 here in Florida plus the diagnostic fee. So you're right on that account. You'd have to rack up quite a few visits with the deductible to get to that amount but many visits is not unheard of with Teslas sadly. I've heard some people make more than 2 or 3 visits for the same issue, each time getting charged a diagnostic fee even when it IS a covered issue!

Of course I'd love to compare apples to apples but that's sometimes not possible.
Apologies for posting the additional pages here instead of sending it to your email. I feel like transparency is always the best for all involved. There's lots of customers like me with questions about both warranties as we weigh our options. I did have to do a bit of back and forth to get my questions answered so I would love to save my fellow Tesla enthusiasts from having to do the same.

I was told that regarding payments to Tesla service centers, it's handled quite like y'all handle it - some service centers they're able to pay over the phone, some they're not. Some work with them directly, some don't and require the customer to deal with getting the go-ahead authorization for the repair, paying for it and getting reimbursed. Such is the nature I've heard from TSC. I have no warranty so I can't say anything about that personally but I can say that the answers you get vary greatly from person to person and SC to SC. It's a sad truth there's no consistency in practically everything they do.

Hey Brent,

I appreciate the feedback, and the addendum. I am still a little leary as to the battery coverage, because an addendum is just that, an addendum that does not supercede the contract. In the main contract, it still says maximum payout for batteries not to exceed $100. The addendum just says the batteries are covered, but this coverage is still subject to the contract maximums of the amended contract.

XCare cannot initiate coverage on vehicles that are over 125k at time of contract, so sadly we can't help in this case.

Unless the addendum has a dollar value maximum for battery replacement that supercedes the amended contract, it doesn't do anything but give you an additional $100 in coverage. I'm not even trying to earn your business right now (as I can't cover your car anyhow), I just don't want to see anyone in our community get hurt. Don't take my word for it, have an attorney take a look at it. You're spending a lot of money, better to at least get some counsel on this before signing up.

Wish you well, and if you get another Tesla (with less than 125k miles) we're eager to get you set up with our coverage! Brent

Apologies for posting the additional pages here instead of sending it to your email. I feel like transparency is always the best for all involved. There's lots of customers like me with questions about both warranties as we weigh our options. I did have to do a bit of back and forth to get my questions answered so I would love to save my fellow Tesla enthusiasts from having to do the same.

I was told that regarding payments to Tesla service centers, it's handled quite like y'all handle it - some service centers they're able to pay over the phone, some they're not. Some work with them directly, some don't and require the customer to deal with getting the go-ahead authorization for the repair, paying for it and getting reimbursed. Such is the nature I've heard from TSC. I have no warranty so I can't say anything about that personally but I can say that the answers you get vary greatly from person to person and SC to SC. It's a sad truth there's no consistency in practically everything they do.
That's totally true, sadly consistency at the Tesla SCs is lacking. In the next few months we are releasing the XCare Card, a debit card on which we will load the approved claim amount, Visa logo'd and with our member's name on it. This will put an end to service center obstinance in accepting payment once and for all. B.

• Love
Reactions: TLLMRRJ and MP3Mike
Has anyone here had any experience with X-Care and a mobile tech visit? Every time a mobile tech has been out (which was pre X-care for me), they just come out and fix it on the spot and immediately charge me. I dont know how I would get the service pre-approved with X-care in this situation.

Has anyone here had any experience with X-Care and a mobile tech visit? Every time a mobile tech has been out (which was pre X-care for me), they just come out and fix it on the spot and immediately charge me. I dont know how I would get the service pre-approved with X-care in this situation.
A mobile visit is usually for an issue they are reasonably certain can be accomplished by the mobile service. In these instances they will send an estimate over the app, which you would forward to claims. Upon the visit, when the issue is confirmed, our claims team will give final approval. We can then pay over the phone (if the tech will/can accept payment) or reimburse within 7-10 business days. In most instances, mobile techs do not have an issue accepting payment. We are also releasing the XCare Card shortly, a Visa logo'd debit card we will load with the approved amount to be used just like a regular credit card. Cheers, Brent @ XCare

Reactions: BulldogsRus
A mobile visit is usually for an issue they are reasonably certain can be accomplished by the mobile service. In these instances they will send an estimate over the app, which you would forward to claims. Upon the visit, when the issue is confirmed, our claims team will give final approval. We can then pay over the phone (if the tech will/can accept payment) or reimburse within 7-10 business days. In most instances, mobile techs do not have an issue accepting payment. We are also releasing the XCare Card shortly, a Visa logo'd debit card we will load with the approved amount to be used just like a regular credit card. Cheers, Brent @ XCare
Has the XCare card been released?

Has the XCare card been released?
Thanks for the question, and happy to help! With the release of XCare Premium, Battery and Drive Unit and lots of other things in development, the Debit Card has not yet been released. It is definitely priority one now that these other upgrades are up and running, and we expect it to release next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: redi
XCare is releasing Battery and Drive Unit coverage this year for vehicles 2016 and newer with <100k miles at time of coverage.
The coverage will be available up to 250k miles, as part of XCare or as a stand alone product (for Tesla only) in most states.
Our coverage will have the same standard as Tesla, 70% capacity or less for replacement. Pricing is still being developed.
I’m interested can you send me info or a phone number to call about coverage ?

Reactions: XCare EV
Purchased X-Care for wifey’s 2018 Model 3 just before factory warranty expired. Got the dreaded “steering assist reduced” message and a $2,500.00 estimate. I didn’t really trust a tow truck not to damage it so I drove an hour to Kennesaw Georgia service center. Service rep wasn’t particularly helpful but C-Care gave them a credit card number and they were happy. Rental car company paid only three days so it cost me an extra hundred bucks. Not complaining. I don’t expect Brent to lend me his car and load mine on his rollback. They have to subcontract the towing and rental car. Overall I am very pleased.
Larry in Georgia