Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Raven Energy Consumption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a Raven LR with 22 inch wheels and got the car in September. My average consumption has been 350 until now and the last days (30F) I have been in the mid 400s.

is that normal due to the cold?

also, is it normal that regenerative breaking is not available when the car is cold?

thenks to all

Both are 100% normal and expected. Regen limited in yellow dashed line. Will go away if battery warms.
6UMKwSw.jpg

Both are 100% normal and expected. Regen limited in yellow dashed line. Will go away if battery warms.
6UMKwSw.jpg

Interesting that you are showing Power limited but still have some Regen.
I was at 20 to 30F (-6 to -1C) today and had 100% limited regen but 0% power limited.

How warmed up was the battery in that snap shot?
Might be because of your SOC on the low side, mine was about 80% (high state of charge limits regen more quickly as temp drops)
Also if this was your P90D it may limit power (which is above my Raven LR X non performance power) sooner.

Interesting that you are showing Power limited but still have some Regen.
I was at 20 to 30F (-6 to -1C) today and had 100% limited regen but 0% power limited.

How warmed up was the battery in that snap shot?
Might be because of your SOC on the low side, mine was about 80% (high state of charge limits regen more quickly as temp drops)
Also if this was your P90D it may limit power (which is above my Raven LR X non performance power) sooner.
Sorry for not being more verbose/detailed but thought since he seemed *new* to keep it simple.
I got that from this video:

Re: Cold Weather Impact on Tesla Power & Regen Braking

Reactions: mswlogo