TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

X rear door seals:

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MartynR, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MartynR

MartynR New Member

Anyone else having an issue with rear door seals on the X ?
    My wife is on her 3rd each seems to be fitted worse than the factory original.
    Love the car despite this gremlin. Thanks

2. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

I had read that some folks got an X that seemed to pour water into the car when raised in the rain. I recall them often saying that the Service Center had found that the seal was not seated correctly and that, once fixed, it worked much more in line with expectations.

I had the same experience. I had the car maybe a week and raised a FWD in a light rain. Probably 2 glasses of water ran down the now-vertical roof and poured into the car. I notified service and they expressed some doubt -- a bit of an attitude that it's kind of the nature of the beast -- but agreed to look at it when the car was in for something else. They, too, found that the seal was not seated correctly and completely replaced it. Since then, I've opened the roof in much harder rain and very little water came in. (You can't LEAVE the roof open of course.)

Very happy with it now.

3. rainforest

rainforest Member

Same story with me.

4. MartynR

MartynR New Member

So not a one off event by the sound of it?

For us it's a bit frustrating! Now the door is so misaligned its taking the paint off.
    When we get it back it will have been away for 2 weeks.
    Not great.

5. outie

outie Active Member

Where is the paint that's coming off? Most cars have a small spot on the body that's getting rubbed off by the FWD.

6. MartynR

MartynR New Member

Yes same here but door is now not sitting flat in the body as well.
    We hope the 4th seal is perfect!

• Disagree x 1