Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X rear door seals:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had read that some folks got an X that seemed to pour water into the car when raised in the rain. I recall them often saying that the Service Center had found that the seal was not seated correctly and that, once fixed, it worked much more in line with expectations.

I had the same experience. I had the car maybe a week and raised a FWD in a light rain. Probably 2 glasses of water ran down the now-vertical roof and poured into the car. I notified service and they expressed some doubt -- a bit of an attitude that it's kind of the nature of the beast -- but agreed to look at it when the car was in for something else. They, too, found that the seal was not seated correctly and completely replaced it. Since then, I've opened the roof in much harder rain and very little water came in. (You can't LEAVE the roof open of course.)

Very happy with it now.

I had read that some folks got an X that seemed to pour water into the car when raised in the rain. I recall them often saying that the Service Center had found that the seal was not seated correctly and that, once fixed, it worked much more in line with expectations.

I had the same experience. I had the car maybe a week and raised a FWD in a light rain. Probably 2 glasses of water ran down the now-vertical roof and poured into the car. I notified service and they expressed some doubt -- a bit of an attitude that it's kind of the nature of the beast -- but agreed to look at it when the car was in for something else. They, too, found that the seal was not seated correctly and completely replaced it. Since then, I've opened the roof in much harder rain and very little water came in. (You can't LEAVE the roof open of course.)

Very happy with it now.

Same story with me.