Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Turning Itself On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen an issue with their Model X where they come back to find the touchscreen and climate running, even though they had left their car off? Car still seems to be locked. Sometimes, the rear spoiler will have gone back up as well. I've got ENERGY SAVING on, but it doesn't seem to matter. Is there some setting that I'm not seeing?

Thanks,
Ron

How are you seeing these on? When you open the door? Or prior to opening the door? When you approach the car with your key fob the spoiler goes up. When you open the doors everything is on. You would have to approach with no key and look in the window to confirm this. I have never seen it happen on mine.

How are you seeing these on? When you open the door? Or prior to opening the door? When you approach the car with your key fob the spoiler goes up. When you open the doors everything is on. You would have to approach with no key and look in the window to confirm this. I have never seen it happen on mine.

I see this happening prior to opening the door, just looking in the window. It even does it when the keyfob is hundreds of feet away. I was wondering if it could be the smart preconditioning, since both my work and home locations are programmed in, but it even does it with smart preconditioning set to OFF.

As far as the spoiler going back up, as long as the auto presenting doors are turned off, the car should stay locked even if you walk up to it, so the spoiler should stay down even in this case.

Ron

I don't believe the spoiler and mirrors are associated with the auto present doors. The mirrors and spoiler are associated with the proximity unlock. You can only adjust the driver unlock or all unlock, so every time the key is near a door will unlock and the spoiler and mirrors will activate.

As for the interior turning on, I'll have to look at mine. I thought it came on only when I opened the door. But I'll double check.

Reactions: ronmerkord
Ron,
Do you have "pre-conditioning" set to on?

I do have smart preconditioning set to off now, and I think that when I first set it to off, it might not have registered since I had to reboot the screen shortly after. Since the reboot and the smart conditioning set to off, I don't seem to have the issue with the screen and climate coming on by itself.

However, just this morning the spoiler had raised itself again, with no remote even close to the car, so it still has that problem.

Ron

My mirrors and spoiler kept opening up randomly all the time, even when I didn't have my keys on me.
Turns out the range on the key fob is much larger than I thought -- 30 feet.
So even if you think the near the garage... My spare set of keys was in a closet 2 rooms away from the garage, but it was close enough to regularly trigger the spoiler to open.
It stopped happening when I took the battery out of my spare keys.

I thought about getting a bag like that, but I figure my batter will last longer if I just leave it in the box next to the spare key.
If I need the spare key, the battery is right there.
I was also thinking of going the poor-man's route and just lining the box with aluminum foil or something ;)