Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today 224 rated, 227 ideal at a bit over 10,000 miles. For commuting I usually charge into the 70’s, only go to 90 or higher for long trips.
That last one must have been a typo: 272 idea, not 272, down from "230 rated, 285 ideal P90D about 6k miles"
Now after a 100% charge and a drive to< 10%, a supercharge to 20%, and then charging back up to 90% at home the average Wh/mile seemed unusually low and Rated is 222, Ideal 275. Lower and lower.

90% charge on two month old 90D that has never been charged above 90%. View attachment 192176
Um, you do see that your charging stopped short of your 90% set point don't you? The arrow is pointing to the 90% line but the charge level isn't at that line.

MS 75. 100% - 247, 95% - 237, 80%- 201
Any chance you also recorded the 90%? You know, because it's the title of this thread and all. :rolleyes:;)

My 90% has dropped from 230 to 229 about 3 months and 5,000miles. Is this about the rate of capacity degradation we should expect?

From what I saw in my last MS, I lost about 2% in the first year, maybe due to driving style and algorithm more than degradation but its hard to tell which is which sometimes. It should level off after a year, perhaps 10K or so.

If that is the case, I would expect a 90D, with 257 RR, to drop to 252 RR after 2% lost. Then 90% of that would make about 226-227 if its still hitting that 90% original marker on the battery.

• Helpful
Reactions: systemcrashed
I realized I didn't fully answer your question (summer colds are brain destroyers). I've gone as low as 11miles left and on trips usually at around 10% but in many cases have gone down to 6-7%. At home, always plugged in and set to 90% (even though my garage is pretty hot). If I don't use it, the vehicle drains down about 10 miles and then auto charges.

btw: called my SC about acceleration shudder. Told me my vehicle is on an outstanding work order to inspect front half shafts. Great, sure wish they would have called me vs. me reaching out......

I realized I didn't fully answer your question (summer colds are brain destroyers). I've gone as low as 11miles left and on trips usually at around 10% but in many cases have gone down to 6-7%. At home, always plugged in and set to 90% (even though my garage is pretty hot). If I don't use it, the vehicle drains down about 10 miles and then auto charges.

btw: called my SC about acceleration shudder. Told me my vehicle is on an outstanding work order to inspect front half shafts. Great, sure wish they would have called me vs. me reaching out......
Just had mine at the SC for that, they replaced the front half axels and completed a rear alignment.

To actually post my 90% now (since have car).

Have 90D, 1250 miles on it, getting 236 RR. 235.8 in VisibleTesla to be exact.
fullsizeoutput_21ba.jpeg

I just picked up my X 90D on Thursday and my 90% is 233. Do you think that is normal when others get 235-236?
Huh? How could you have just picked up your X on 9/8 when you posted in this thread back in April...

I did the update yesterday and now my 90% is 240 for my 90D.

Not all 90's are getting 235 - 236. I'm tracking what people report (in this thread) and I've seen everything from 227 to 240 on X90's.

Shall I change your 240 to 233?

Cheers!