Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got rid of my S75D for a X75D with the 22" wheels. What can I expect for actual range? The SC was really trying to talk me out of getting the 75 and getting a 100 instead. I just couldn't justify the large jump in price for a little more range when most of my driving is within a 25 mile radius.

I have both a S75D and a X75D with 22” wheels....you should’ve gotten the 100D.

That generalization aside the 75D is plenty of range for most, and you’ll be fine with a 25 mi radius; mine is within a 50 mile radius and I’m ok with my 75D on 22s. You will notice a huge range difference between the two though. The X75D with 20s is comparable to the S60D range wise. Whenever I switch to the S from the X, I always think I have so much more range. Going from the S to the X, I get minor range anxiety for a day or so.

Lifetime wh/mi in my uncorked S75D on 21s= 315 wh/mi
Lifetime wh/mi in my uncorked X75D on 22s = 410wh/mi. Or roughly 30% more energy/less range.

*I also have 19s on the s and 20s on the X during the winter.
S w/19s = 260 wh/mi (250 when corked)
X w/20s = 370 wh/mi (360 when corked)

I rounded them out but it’s about 30% there too.

Last edited:
I would have to look to be certain, but I think lifetime wh/mi on my X90D with 20s is around 340. I don't drive slowly or make any effort to hypermile, but I have almost always beat EPA numbers on my cars. Smooth control operation and anticipation is key.

I would have to look to be certain, but I think lifetime wh/mi on my X90D with 20s is around 340. I don't drive slowly or make any effort to hypermile, but I have almost always beat EPA numbers on my cars. Smooth control operation and anticipation is key.

I should also add, I tow regularly with the X. So that should be kept in mind with those lifetime numbers. Given the S doesn’t tow, it’s probably closer to a 10-15% increase.

• Informative
Reactions: Pentium2004
Get the 100d. As mentioned, longer charge times when on long trips with 75.

It really does depend on how much disposable cash you have access too and what $17k means to you in regards to the extra range and how often your need it.

For us I charge the car to 80% max, and rarely drop under 30% by the end of the day, so having a 100kWh battery will make no difference to how we use the car. If however we were running the car down to 10% daily from a 90% charge than a 100kWh battery makes sense, so really depends on your situation.

Other thing to note is around 12 months ago Tesla changed the motor design, and efficency improved by about 10%. In our current July 2017 build X in European summer am seeing consistent sub 300Wh/miles, equating to a range of about 250 miles. My previous late 2016 build X never saw below 300Wh/mile unless hypermilling!!

43819280321_ec2f7156a1_z_d.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA and Varmint