Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

xavelec - Tesla extension cable - Feedback?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've not used or dealt with them (they look very expensive), but have dealt with Adrian at Toughleads and can vouch for his commitment to making sure that the customer gets the best solution and excellent quality all at a very fair price. Contact him about what you are trying to achieve - his kit is all based upon standard connectors so you should find a combo to achieve what you need. Electric vehicle leads - you may need to purchase an additional UMC 'commando' adaptor from Tesla to get you started if not already supplied. I'm not sure how this works with the Xavelec system. It looks like it may be based around a 32A commando socket of one form or another (you need single phase for Gen 2 UMC supplied with UK Model 3's).

Well respected on the owners group but I’ve never seen the need.

- Basic extension leads are cheaper elsewhere
- options to charge in Europe off a domestic socket can be done much more cheaply like here:
Tesla European DIY Destination Schuko Charging
- options to charge off a 16A commando is now a £30 purchase from Tesla
- normal type 2 and ccs charge points are increasingly plentiful why would you want to spend ££££ on convoluted cables

He started trying to create a universal set of adapters off the 3 phase UMC1 but they don’t supply them anymore so he’s now looking to bring out his own UMC like a cheaper juice buster - but you’d be either hyper cautious in life or have a very specific need to go down that route today in my opinion, and Ive driven extensively around Europe needing no more than superchargers, a type 2 lead and in one situation the schuko extension lead linked to above, the extension lead being as useful as the plug due to socket availability.

Reactions: Roy W.