Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM stations in Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that the Model 3 doesn't have XM, but I was wondering if there is any way to natively (via the UI) play XM stations?

I've been listening to NPR on XM for years and am used to their lineup and want to continue listening to the normal shows during my commute.

Worst case scenario is that I have to use the XM app on my phone and play the audio via Bluetooth, but that is an extra step I'd like to avoid.

I am also an XM NPR listener. I found a few NPR stations on Tune In and listen to those. Downside is Tune In does zero sound leveling, so a few of the stations are so quiet I have to have the volume at max to hear. Then I forget and switch sources and get blasted.

I keep the app and stream XM that way to get my XM unique programs like Julie Mason or others on POTUS. It works OK.

I listed to CNBC a lot while on the drive to the city in the morning. Now, without XM there isn't a way to do it. TuneIN premium has it, but that's more expensive than XM for me.

I could probably do it with the app, but as the OP notes its another step. Wish we could just have XM as an option. There are ways of having it available without the bump.