TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

XM stations in Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by ratsbew, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

I know that the Model 3 doesn't have XM, but I was wondering if there is any way to natively (via the UI) play XM stations?

I've been listening to NPR on XM for years and am used to their lineup and want to continue listening to the normal shows during my commute.

Worst case scenario is that I have to use the XM app on my phone and play the audio via Bluetooth, but that is an extra step I'd like to avoid.

2. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Other than using the XM App, TuneIn does have some NPR stations/podcasts - I don't listen to them so can not vouch for the content.

3. Shygar

Shygar Member

I've been listening to RadioLab via TuneIn, that was one of my favorite shows on XM Insight 120

4. Chris350

Chris350 Member

Also a subscriber to Sirius..... Been using the app in my old 2000 Acura via BT..... So, use it I shall in the Model 3....

Don't see it ever being activated unless they allow it in the media software package in the future...

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

No need for Sirius XM to listen to NPR. You can listen to any NPR station in the country with Tune-in, also any of the NPR podcasts.

6. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I am also an XM NPR listener. I found a few NPR stations on Tune In and listen to those. Downside is Tune In does zero sound leveling, so a few of the stations are so quiet I have to have the volume at max to hear. Then I forget and switch sources and get blasted.

I keep the app and stream XM that way to get my XM unique programs like Julie Mason or others on POTUS. It works OK.

7. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

I listed to CNBC a lot while on the drive to the city in the morning. Now, without XM there isn't a way to do it. TuneIN premium has it, but that's more expensive than XM for me.

I could probably do it with the app, but as the OP notes its another step. Wish we could just have XM as an option. There are ways of having it available without the bump.

8. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Yeah, having an XM app built in (use LTE not satellite) would be great.