Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Paint Protection Film, Ceramic Coating and Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tear off whole car to install ppf only? I thought only vinyl needs that. nowdays, graphene coatings kill ceramic coating in every category. It evolves everyday which make the detailer much easier to install. A $60 consumer grade Graphene ceramic coating could only take you half day to install, 24 hours to cure and will last you 7 years. How crazy is that?

tear off whole car to install ppf only? I thought only vinyl needs that. nowdays, graphene coatings kill ceramic coating in every category. It evolves everyday which make the detailer much easier to install. A $60 consumer grade Graphene ceramic coating could only take you half day to install, 24 hours to cure and will last you 7 years. How crazy is that?
They probably tear-off to make sure all edges are wrapped correctly. A time-saving method to do it right the first time.

Reactions: raggedy
You don't want them to take it off either. I've seen PPF shops reinstall them incorrectly with potential for paint to rub into the fenders at the edge and take off paint.
Auto Armour maybe different because it's probably their standard procedure for Tesla's at their shop. I had dropped by today to check on the status of my car, they finished the PPF and waiting to do tint and ceramic tomorrow. There were two Blue MY and a silver MY being worked on...they as well removed the bumpers for PPF.

Getting started on XPEL Prime XR Plus tint today. One piece for the roof.

9lwqBvb.jpg
KsEeSZh.jpg

Reactions: ejkcy25
I got quotes for the front bumper only at three shops in LA. They all said they don't need to take off the front bumper to apply PPF. Does that sound right?

Vendor - Xpel STEALTH PPF projects by Auto Armour

Check out their post and pictures. I think they do it because its cleaner and easier to install. A standard procedure for them. I noticed they did this for other cars as well, so it's not a Tesla process only.

Just got my car back from detailing. This included paint-correction, Xpel PPF, CQuartz ceramic coating, and some tinting. The windshield is 70%, so still legal, while the side windows in the front now match the back. You can't see it in these photos, but they also put a matte wrap over the shiny, piano-black center console. And there's one thing that you can't see because they're not there anymore: the Tesla badges.

The work was done by Darien Detail, and I'm overall pretty happy. It's hard to show in these photos just how slick and shiny the car is now, but it looks amazing in bright light.

teslamy-left-to-right.jpg
teslamy-left-forward-right.jpg
teslamy-back.jpg

Just got my car back from detailing. This included paint-correction, Xpel PPF, CQuartz ceramic coating, and some tinting. The windshield is 70%, so still legal, while the side windows in the front now match the back. You can't see it in these photos, but they also put a matte wrap over the shiny, piano-black center console. And there's one thing that you can't see because they're not there anymore: the Tesla badges.

The work was done by Darien Detail, and I'm overall pretty happy. It's hard to show in these photos just how slick and shiny the car is now, but it looks amazing in bright light.

View attachment 587604 View attachment 587605 View attachment 587606
That is glossyyyyyy. Looks great!

Reactions: Electric Steve