Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Ultimate whole vehicle vs full front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning on doing Xpel immediately after pickup and found a local installer that advertises $1,895 for a full front skin (bumper, hood, fenders, side mirrors & trunk lip). ... This seems like a good deal and I would add the seat backs. ... Thoughts?

Just do the whole thing. Chances of you regretting it should be close to zero. I am scheduled to do whole car and front 2 window tint for $4500 cash.

BINGO! "Just do the whole thing. Chances of you regretting it should be close to zero."

My price was more than twice that. Maybe you could double wrap the whole car? Tesla paint really needs to be wrapped.

3K seems VERY low for a full vehicle wrap with wrapped edges. Full wraps vary from 5-8k
Hey did the XPel Ultimate with computer cut design. For me the price made it better for me. I was looking for heavy driving protection, not show car looks.
Here are some photos I took right after done. Excuse the older wheels and Winter tires that I just took off my P85D.
Tesla Model S Unicorn!

I'd have to say that the full wrap is the way to go. You also have to look at the benefits of going with a company like xpel. You get a 10 year warranty that stays with the vehicle. So if you sell the vehicle you can recoup the cost by pro rating the amount you spent. Also look at the cost of having a bumper or panel repainted. The savings alone justifies the price and importance of this product on a big investment.

fishing for opinion here. Second X in the family. 100D Pearl white to be picked up second week of May. We didn't do any paint protection on the first one (8 mo old 90D) and after 25,000mi it showed signs of damage to paint on the front hood and bumper due to highway driving.
My 3yo was disasterous for the glossy seat backs and managed to put scratches almost immediately.

I am planning on doing Xpel immediately after pickup and found a local installer that advertises $1,895 for a full front skin (bumper, hood, fenders, side mirrors & trunk lip).

This seems like a good deal and I would add the seat backs.

Thoughts?

I think you have 25,000 miles of experience from which to judge. Do you have rock chips aft of where the front skin job would cover?

Protecting the seat backs seems like a good idea. You might consider a lower gloss film there.

My installer covered mine, and initially there was liquid underneath. It dried out, and now it looks fine.
There doesn't seem to be any degradation of the signal strength at all. There is a video around showing a guy testing it with and without coding over the sensors. There is no difference at all. I like having them covered, so the dirt and grime does not get attracted to the area.

My installer covered mine, and initially there was liquid underneath. It dried out, and now it looks fine.
There doesn't seem to be any degradation of the signal strength at all. There is a video around showing a guy testing it with and without coding over the sensors. There is no difference at all. I like having them covered, so the dirt and grime does not get attracted to the area.

That's great to know, thanks for the info, Nosken.