TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Y cant I have my Y ?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by werdnayrps, Sep 8, 2020.

1. werdnayrps

werdnayrps New Member

Any one out there got an opinion on when the "Y" will touch down "Down Under"?

I'm ready to plonk the $'s on the table, just feel like a hungry monkey chained up in a room full of bananas.

Andy.

• Funny x 2
  2. werdnayrps

werdnayrps New Member

3. rioli33

rioli33 Member

The first Model 3s were delivered in July 2017. The first Aussie Model 3s were delivered in September 2019. Given that there are no scheduled deliveries for European Model Ys yet, I'd guess we have at least a year before we can even order one here.

4. heems

heems Member

That was then and now we got more factories churning. I recall China Giga was meant to service the Asia/Pacific region. With rumored MIC Y coming before year end, you may be able to order in the next 3-4 months. Hang in there.

• Like x 1
  5. Miggy

Miggy Member

It will be interesting to see which one hits our shores first, the Model Y or the VW ID4

6. moa999

moa999 Member

Don't think Tesla will have more than one RHD location.
    For the 3 that's US.
    (No MIC RHD for Hong Kong for example)

For the Y, it wouldn't surprise me if it's all from Europe (believe theyve said UK Ys will come from Europe)

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Let’s switch to LHD in Australia. Will make it easier for me to tap away at the MCU if I can use my dominant hand :)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

I have asked "When should we expect to see the Y, Plaid S and Cybertruck in Australia?"
    for the Tesla Q3 earnings Q&A. If you have TSLA, please upvote the question at:
    Say

• Like x 2