Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y performance winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you light up all 4 tires on the pavement when launching the car from a stop? :D You might be one of the few to have A/T tires on an MYP.
😂 Honestly I have tried but they grip nicely… been super impressed. We have quite a bit of chip sealed asphalt roads as well as gravel and they just handle great.

My wife said she preferred the looks of the stock but the 18’s are growing on her. I’m eager to see how they handle in the upcoming snow. My family (dad before me etc.) has always been a big fan of Hakapelitas (spelling?) My son puts those on his WRX in the winter and it’s like a magnet stuck to the ground.

I just knew like others have said that if I kept the 21’s my choices get quite limited.

My wife has finally seen the light of day in regards to BEV’s but she went to the dark side and chose the Mustang Mach E GT Performance edition which comes with summer performance tires on 21’s as well but she is determined to keep the 21’s so I’m shaking my head on what to put in them.

Upvote 0
Does this setup work with the recommended König XG-12 Pro 252 tire chains? We have a set with our stock 19" Gemini wheels, but want to upgrade to a set of winter wheels and tires -- I'm not exactly sure how to do the calculation ahead of time of whether an 18" wheel with larger tires (probably Nokian Hakkipellita R3 or R5) will fit these chains. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0