Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y seat in a 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
I like the higher seat position on the model Y. Is there a Y seat rack part I can buy from Tesla that will bolt into my 3 and make me a "booster" seat? Or do I need to get a used Y seat? The parts have different #s. Y= 1107103-TX-J 3= 1119853-00-B but the image looks the same. Is the floor bumped up on the Y to raise the seat?

Last edited:
Unless you are pretty short, isnt there a less than zero chance that anything like that would put your head too close to the glass roof in a model 3? What about crash ratings, etc?

If you like the higher seat position, you likely need to look at selling your model 3 and buying a model Y. Trying to put a model Y seat in a model 3, even if it was possible (which I dont know, but doubt) sounds like a very bad idea.

Why not just buy a pad or something you can put on the drivers seat or something?

Unless you are pretty short, isnt there a less than zero chance that anything like that would put your head too close to the glass roof in a model 3? What about crash ratings, etc?

If you like the higher seat position, you likely need to look at selling your model 3 and buying a model Y. Trying to put a model Y seat in a model 3, even if it was possible (which I dont know, but doubt) sounds like a very bad idea.

Why not just buy a pad or something you can put on the drivers seat or something?
I looked at a Y, but I have an early 3 with the cool orange water drops on the roof and free subscriptions etc and it's paid for. Getting my old butt up and off the seat is getting harder. Don't laugh, you will be there one day! I'm 6 feet, but lots of headroom.

Reactions: tm1v2
I looked at a Y, but I have an early 3 with the cool orange water drops on the roof and free subscriptions etc and it's paid for. Getting my old butt up and off the seat is getting harder. Don't laugh, you will be there one day! I'm 6 feet, but lots of headroom.
Im there now, lol... (im 55).. My wife has a Y. I like cruising in it, but still enjoy driving my model 3 more. I still dont think you could put a model Y seat with its riser in a model 3 safely though, but am certainly not an expert.

Reactions: tm1v2 and rpiotro
I like the higher seat position on the model Y. Is there a Y seat rack part I can buy from Tesla that will bolt into my 3 and make me a "booster" seat? Or do I need to get a used Y seat? The parts have different #s. Y= 1107103-TX-J 3= 1119853-00-B but the image looks the same. Is the floor bumped up on the Y to raise the seat?
Seats are the same. Floor is higher, via “raiser”. Those won’t work with the model 3 (and would be too high anyway).

1675868706008.png