Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yakima SkyBox 16 Roof Cargo Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May be try to reverse the box: Funny but efficient? Owner of Tesla Model 3 mounts the roof box the wrong way round

Also Bjørn Nyland performed some interesting noise and consumption measurements:

See at 6:41​
Without box: 186 Wh/km at 100 km/h or 62 miles/h​
With the box: 211 Wh/km at 100 km/h or 62 miles/h (+ 13%)​
See at 2:18​
Regular box: 73.1 dBA and 250 Wh/km at 107 km/h or 66.5 miles/h​
see at 7:06​
Reverse box: 72.2 dBA and 228 Wh/km at 107 km/h or 66.5 miles/h ( -9%)​

You have any photos of it mounted? And pic of what you mean fully extended? I have same box but no car or rack yet. Lol
Here's a picture of it mounted.

1621292811650.jpeg

I just go the skybox too! Had the people at REI help me mount them and had some issues. Do the back clamps close all the way? It is a very tight fit and the mounts are spread out as much as possible. It could also be that the guy said to mount it closer to the passenger side for easier access and safety if I was ever to pull over to the side of the road. Did you guys mount it right in the middle?

I just go the skybox too! Had the people at REI help me mount them and had some issues. Do the back clamps close all the way? It is a very tight fit and the mounts are spread out as much as possible. It could also be that the guy said to mount it closer to the passenger side for easier access and safety if I was ever to pull over to the side of the road. Did you guys mount it right in the middle?
I have the 16 for my Outback. I mounted in the middle and it always ended up on the passenger side from wind, weather, etc.

I have one for my Golf R and I often mount it closer to the passenger side because it’s just easier to access. I don’t know how or if that affects drag since it’s not a concern on that car.

I just bought a Yakima grand tour 16. Appears to sit slightly more squat to the car and seems to be tailor made for the model 3/Y per their marketing videos.

A little worried about the gloss finish getting chewed up, maybe I’ll have my PPF guys just do some minimal work right at the front end.

I just bought a Yakima grand tour 16. Appears to sit slightly more squat to the car and seems to be tailor made for the model 3/Y per their marketing videos.

A little worried about the gloss finish getting chewed up, maybe I’ll have my PPF guys just do some minimal work right at the front end.
A matte PPF grand tour box would be cool :)