Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

yellow border - need advise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The firmware can’t fix existing yellow the screens but can prevent it from happening as often for undamaged screens What is the firmware update? More aggressive cabin over heat protection. The yellowing screen is caused by exposure to heat.
Based on some owner’s experiences, that’s actually not true or at the very least not true in all circumstances.

Based on some owner’s experiences, that’s actually not true or at the very least not true in all circumstances.

Have there been any reports of 2019 model S owners reeving defective screens that discolor? From what I can tell, the defective screens turn yellow within just 4-6 months so if 2019 cars have the same screen defect, we should be hearing about that by now.

I had my screen replaced in November (purchased in October, listed as a due-bill item).

..This past weekend, I've just noticed that a very faint yellow border is present, and I notice it's more pronounced after sitting at my office's parking lot during the work day (uncovered parking for 8-9 hours; southern VA is starting to heat up with 90F/32C temps).

Hopefully Tesla figures out a final fix. Maybe the big surprise will be a complete replacement/upgrade path to MCUx where "x"=plug-and-play upgrade replacement... maybe not necessarily MCU2 but something that is designed to marry up with existing connectors for an easy swap and provide enhanced CPU capabilities (i.e. Beach Buggy, Dashcam, etc..).

Who knows... hoping the yellowing won't intensify.

I had my screen replaced in November (purchased in October, listed as a due-bill item).

..This past weekend, I've just noticed that a very faint yellow border is present, and I notice it's more pronounced after sitting at my office's parking lot during the work day (uncovered parking for 8-9 hours; southern VA is starting to heat up with 90F/32C temps).

Hopefully Tesla figures out a final fix. Maybe the big surprise will be a complete replacement/upgrade path to MCUx where "x"=plug-and-play upgrade replacement... maybe not necessarily MCU2 but something that is designed to marry up with existing connectors for an easy swap and provide enhanced CPU capabilities (i.e. Beach Buggy, Dashcam, etc..).

Who knows... hoping the yellowing won't intensify.

Do you have the part number for the screen that yellowed? Is there a MCU part number that is not defective with the yellow screen issue?