Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes, FSD transferred, but FSD Beta did not!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD transfer paperwork says it can take up to a week for the transfer and whatever software it will download. The person I talked to on the phone when I called to get the paperwork also told me it could take a week after purchase.
The person I worked with and my paperwork did not say that, and I got my car last week. If they are changing the language with this document every week then that is just embarrassing on tesla.

The person I worked with and my paperwork did not say that, and I got my car last week. If they are changing the language with this document every week then that is just embarrassing on tesla.
I'm picking up mine Friday and god help me what's going to change or new story will crop up. Sigh. PLUS! Assuming it has HW4, I'm jumping through hoops and won't have FSD Beta come Friday and it could be weeks or months til I have it back.

Last edited:
I'm picking up mine Friday and god help me what's going to change or new story will crop up. Sigh. PLUS! Assuming it has HW4, I'm jumping through hoops and won't have FSD Beta come Friday and it could be weeks or months til I have it back.
Your Model Y will have HW4, so yeah that means no FSD Beta. It’s been an annoyance for me, but I’m optimistic the software will catch up soon.

The biggest frustration for me with this transfer process is that the previous vehicle needs to remain attached to your account until the transfer completes. I have a buyer waiting to take possession of my Model 3 and every day Tesla delays resolution adds more risk to losing the sale.

We the buyers held up our end of the transfer agreement. It’s a shame that Tesla is not doing the same for us…

Your Model Y will have HW4, so yeah that means no FSD Beta. It’s been an annoyance for me, but I’m optimistic the software will catch up soon.

The biggest frustration for me with this transfer process is that the previous vehicle needs to remain attached to your account until the transfer completes. I have a buyer waiting to take possession of my Model 3 and every day Tesla delays resolution adds more risk to losing the sale.

We the buyers held up our end of the transfer agreement. It’s a shame that Tesla is not doing the same for us…
I did some more digging into various forums, and have read that HW4 will (probably) only work on 11.4x or higher FSD software build. My new Y (with HW4) came with 2023.20.100.1 which has FSD 11.3.6 - and does not support the FSD Beta functionality, so that at least appears consistent with the 11.4x theory. The question is, when will the FSD 11.4x build be released? What is super annoying to me (besides the obvious poor communication) is that my M3, that I still have, lost FSB Beta on Delivery Day, so from delivery day to whenever 11.4x is released (days, weeks??) I'll not have any FSD Beta. Tesla has a lot of smart people working on this - why couldn't they figure out how to turn off one and switch to the other car simultaneously - especially when you kept your other car? Strange.

I did some more digging into various forums, and have read that HW4 will (probably) only work on 11.4x or higher FSD software build. My new Y (with HW4) came with 2023.20.100.1 which has FSD 11.3.6 - and does not support the FSD Beta functionality, so that at least appears consistent with the 11.4x theory. The question is, when will the FSD 11.4x build be released? What is super annoying to me (besides the obvious poor communication) is that my M3, that I still have, lost FSB Beta on Delivery Day, so from delivery day to whenever 11.4x is released (days, weeks??) I'll not have any FSD Beta. Tesla has a lot of smart people working on this - why couldn't they figure out how to turn off one and switch to the other car simultaneously - especially when you kept your other car? Strange.
Good news that Tesla was finally able to push the transfer! My advice to everyone experiencing this issue is to keep calling and texting. You’ll eventually get there.

And yeah, it’s very annoying that FSD beta isn’t optimized for HW4. Fingers crossed the wait isn’t too long.

Good news that Tesla was finally able to push the transfer! My advice to everyone experiencing this issue is to keep calling and texting. You’ll eventually get there.

And yeah, it’s very annoying that FSD beta isn’t optimized for HW4. Fingers crossed the wait isn’t too long.
UPDATE: Good news indeed. Per Teslafi this morning, 44 cars are ready for install of 2023.26.10 -which has 11.4.4! Maybe the wait won't be too long after all! (hopefully)

I am in the same boat.Got delivary of my new Model X plaid on August 30.Have already signed the FSD transfer form on August 17 and send to Tesla.I was told by Tesla adviser that do not sale old model x until you get delivary of your new model x.I follow the advise.On the evening of August 30,FSD removed from my old Model X but 3 days later I still do not have FSD(Beta) on my new model x.I have autopilot beta steer,stopping on signals/stop signs,changing lanes with indicator etc but no Beta FSD.I was told beta FSD will be on my new model x after the delivary.I think even Tesla advisers are not aware of when new vehicles will get beta FSD.I hope transfer process is complete and I will get my beta capability in near future.As people have mentioned above about HW4 in new vehicles and not compatible with beta FSD yet so that could explain why it is not yet available.I just want to make sure that beta FSD transfer process is completed and I am in que to get when next software version update comes through.How do I know that.
I did not pay for Beta FSD so saved 15k with new one time Beta FSD transfer policy. Problem is Tesla not explaining to customers clearly why new vehicles not yet have beta FSD capability transfer completed.If they can explain it than lot of as nicety among us resolve around this issue.

I am in the same boat.Got delivary of my new Model X plaid on August 30.Have already signed the FSD transfer form on August 17 and send to Tesla.I was told by Tesla adviser that do not sale old model x until you get delivary of your new model x.I follow the advise.On the evening of August 30,FSD removed from my old Model X but 3 days later I still do not have FSD(Beta) on my new model x.I have autopilot beta steer,stopping on signals/stop signs,changing lanes with indicator etc but no Beta FSD.I was told beta FSD will be on my new model x after the delivary.I think even Tesla advisers are not aware of when new vehicles will get beta FSD.I hope transfer process is complete and I will get my beta capability in near future.As people have mentioned above about HW4 in new vehicles and not compatible with beta FSD yet so that could explain why it is not yet available.I just want to make sure that beta FSD transfer process is completed and I am in que to get when next software version update comes through.How do I know that.
I did not pay for Beta FSD so saved 15k with new one time Beta FSD transfer policy. Problem is Tesla not explaining to customers clearly why new vehicles not yet have beta FSD capability transfer completed.If they can explain it than lot of as nicety among us resolve around this issue.
Take a look at the Software page in your vehicle settings. If you see “Included package” under Full Self Driving Capability, your FSD transfer was successful.

New vehicles are delivered with a factory software build and in that build, HW4 and FSD Beta are not compatible. FSD Beta compatibility for HW4 vehicles just started rolling out last week. You will likely get this software update within a few weeks. I took delivery on August 14th and received the update on the 30th.

Take a look at the Software page in your vehicle settings. If you see “Included package” under Full Self Driving Capability, your FSD transfer was successful.

New vehicles are delivered with a factory software build and in that build, HW4 and FSD Beta are not compatible. FSD Beta compatibility for HW4 vehicles just started rolling out last week. You will likely get this software update within a few weeks. I took delivery on August 14th and received the update on the 30th.
Yes I have that so than my FSD is transferred so now I have to wait for update arrive for me.

Attachments

• IMG_7683.png
    IMG_7683.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 55
Finally got an update. Enabled FSD. Tried it. I think I'll pass. Like one of the Youtuber said. It's more stressful than driving the car yourself and I totally agree with him. The car went over the speed bump at full speed. It didn't slow down at the ramp. It slowed down, but not slow enough to make a sharp turn. This thing is definitely not ready for prime time.

• Informative
Reactions: YisSerL
You are suppose to plug in the FSD license USB key into the glove box to enable it on the new car. /s
I'm sorry "Say What?" Are you talking a action by Tesla and not the customer?
I'm also in the wait for the software game that I hear takes about a month. I also think that there may be a difference if your purchase is from a order or an inventory car.
I traded in my 2020 (very low VIN #.) MYLR that had 11.4.7 that downloaded just a few days before. Now it's just a wait for the software. Love the New Model Y also a LR. It is night a day compared to the 3.5 year old car, so many changes and a Lower $.

Last edited: