Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Cars Name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was the future at the time, just look at it now...

If the Knight Rider Props Designer had presented a Model 3 dash (which may well have been the case) they would have been asked to find a new job. Same for the interior of the DeLorean in BTTF.

Thank you Stanley Kubrick, Jony Ive, Franz von H and other minimalists for the declutter on screen(s) and in the real world :)

Reactions: Roy W. and RjbT3
52421F72-A7E3-471E-A610-FC0F0285BB60.jpeg

Hmmm our house is called faraday but after the base dad was at in Antarctica

Small world - my dad was in Antarctica for a few years and then moved to Shetland. He wasn't in Faraday (he was in Halley Bay and Scott Base) so I don't think we're related:) Was thinking of taking my Model 3 from London to Shetland next summer, hoping it might be the first one on the island, but it doesn't sound like it would be.

Kids' first impression of the car was "its like a spaceship", referring to the glass roof. I've since taken to calling it the spaceship, thinking also of its smoothness, quietness and power. But me saying I call it that because of their idea seems to embarrass / annoy them now, so I need to think of actual spaceship names for the car.

Shortlist so far:
  • Heart of Gold - The first spaceship to make use of the Infinite Improbability Drive in tHGttG. Also not obviously a spaceship name. And has an Elon Musk connection because he says he'll use the name for the first SpaceX ship to Mars.
  • Voyager - Long distance travelling. And Star Trek.
  • Icarus - Planet of the Apes, and Sunshine. Also contains the word "car". Not sure about the connotations of overambition and eventual personal tragedy though. Although I could see what happens if I try to set the controls for the heart of the sun.

Kids' first impression of the car was "its like a spaceship", referring to the glass roof. I've since taken to calling it the spaceship, thinking also of its smoothness, quietness and power. But me saying I call it that because of their idea seems to embarrass / annoy them now, so I need to think of actual spaceship names for the car.

Shortlist so far:
  • Heart of Gold - The first spaceship to make use of the Infinite Improbability Drive in tHGttG. Also not obviously a spaceship name. And has an Elon Musk connection because he says he'll use the name for the first SpaceX ship to Mars.
  • Icarus - Planet of the Apes, and Sunshine. Also contains the word "car". Not sure about the connotations of overambition and eventual personal tragedy though. Although I could see what happens if I try to set the controls for the heart of the sun.
My son's friends all call mine the Batmobile (I did go for black)..

Reactions: davidmc
Thought it would be interesting/fun to see what people have called (or will call) there new M3 arrival (Or all ready new/existing S & X). Just an off topic theme to take my (and yours) mind away regards waiting for my text/email/call to pick up!

Name:
Reason:

I'll start it off

Name: Trimaxion (i am almost tempted with "HAL" but that my scare me! especially with my name!!!!)

Reason: One of my favourite films in the 80's when i was younger (Flight of the Navigator - 1986). I would love my (not arrived yet) car to have the voice of Max!
SUSHI will be mine ... my grand/son & i visited the store almost every other day for 2 wks before deciding..and then went out for sushi after every time...hence...when it arrives...expecting Sept 13th but who knows the guy at the store can't even send a text to me successfully!!

I was thinking of

'Thunderwing Doomslayer'

Just got stuck in my head the other day when I first saw this thread (I'd had a few bevvies')

It's the parrot from Bottom live 3 if (as I'd guess most) wouldnt get the reference...random and no link to anything electric/sporty/fast...but I kinda feel better about it now as I've seen what jerseygirl18 is calling hers...

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc and Roy W.
Thought it would be interesting/fun to see what people have called (or will call) there new M3 arrival (Or all ready new/existing S & X). Just an off topic theme to take my (and yours) mind away regards waiting for my text/email/call to pick up!

Name:
Reason:

I'll start it off

Name: Trimaxion (i am almost tempted with "HAL" but that my scare me! especially with my name!!!!)

Reason: One of my favourite films in the 80's when i was younger (Flight of the Navigator - 1986). I would love my (not arrived yet) car to have the voice of Max!

Mine is named after my African grey parrot that I had to be put down after a stroke. She was 42 years old and I had her all those years. I have a grey MX which has wings so I named it Greycey in her honor.

Reactions: Roy W.

Shortlist so far:
Similar line of thought to me, since watching Brian Cox's the Planets! I'm still pondering.