Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Cars Name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lost the family dog a month before we got the M3....his nick name was Mr. Chips so the boys named the car “Mr.Chips!” in remembrance. Kind of fitting as he never really came when called, and ironically his soul appears to live on in the car when we try auto summon:) Just like the dog the command “here boy” only works sporadically and when there isn’t a lot of distraction or people around.

my grandson & I for 2 wks were at the sales center almost other every day this past summer. We would test drive a;; the models etc and talk to the different sales assoc. He was visiting from NYC .Where residential car ownership is lower than in burbs..he loved it..he is only 8..after we went for Sushi every time...you guessed it my car is named "SUSHI"

Mine is currently called "Mithrandir". I was trying to find a suitable name based on the colour (midnight silver metallic) and looked up silver and grey related things. Ended up looking up "Gandalf the Grey" and finding that the elves call him Mithrandir.

However, it's a bit of a mouthful to say. I've been tempted to shorten it at which point I feel like calling it just "Myth". Which would accurately describe how the existence of the car felt between placing an order and waiting for delivery day to arrive...

I was planning on calling mine Tim before picking it up, after Tim the Enchanter in the Holy Grail.
Lot's of common ground with the Tesla; He pointed them where they needed to go (big screen GPS), warned them of hazards ahead (collision alerts) and performed explosive tricks for the sake of it (fartmode). Also seemed completely nuts (easteregg sillyness and random autosteer panicks).

However on the morning of pickup I decided on Amerigo. Obvious namesake for the continent where it originates (Amerigo Vespucci), but mostly because it was the name of the white horse of Sinterklaas when I grew up. This fitted beautifully as I picked up my white steed (M3 SR+) on 5th December. This date we celebrate Sinterklaas in Dutchland and the UK always seems extra bleak, and I was very excited for this particular Sinterklaas present!

Keeping 'Tim' in mind for the Cybertruck, but may end up with a more appropriate name from Cyberpunk 2077 or... something completely different.

Got my first MS when they first came out (in the US) - before Bjorn Nyland started posting his videos.

It was big and grey and seemed like it could do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs, so naturally it was the Millennium Falcon (correctly spelled with 2 l's and 2 n's in Millennium)

Seems like Bjorn and others have had the same thinking - if not the spelling - but I kept the name for my UK car as well, since I have a many Siri shortcuts referring to "The Falcon". Going to have to find something more unique sometime.

Reactions: Akikiki