Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your experience delaying EOQ delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have a EDD of 3/26-3/31. I am set to close on my primary residence 4/1, so naturally I would not like to interrupt the underwriting process and not have to change the address on my registration if I can just use the new address.

I just wanted to ask what your experiences have been with delaying your vehicles, specifically end of quarter.

Thanks!!

Mylr7 MSM 20 inch wheels - 8/5 OD socal

Hi all, I have a EDD of 3/26-3/31. I am set to close on my primary residence 4/1, so naturally I would not like to interrupt the underwriting process and not have to change the address on my registration if I can just use the new address.

I just wanted to ask what your experiences have been with delaying your vehicles, specifically end of quarter.

Thanks!!

Mylr7 MSM 20 inch wheels - 8/5 OD socal
Being in SoCal and not going thru with EOQ (March) delivery will likely push you to EOQ 2nd quarter (June) - lucky if anything comes up sooner.

Can you register using your new address? Tesla takes about a month to get CA plates/registration papers anyways.

Being in SoCal and not going thru with EOQ (March) delivery will likely push you to EOQ 2nd quarter (June) - lucky if anything comes up sooner.

Can you register using your new address? Tesla takes about a month to get CA plates/registration papers anyways.
Thanks, that's unfortunate that it may turn into another EOQ delivery. I'll have to inquire about registering at the new address.

I am not sure if this is true any longer (or if it ever was). There were plenty of CA deliveries this Jan (including ours). And if you look at Teslike spreadsheet you can see CA deliveries are made throughout the quarter, though possible at a higher rate very near EOQ.

I am not sure if this is true any longer (or if it ever was). There were plenty of CA deliveries this Jan (including ours). And if you look at Teslike spreadsheet you can see CA deliveries are made throughout the quarter, though possible at a higher rate very near EOQ.
Nothing is sure I agree, but like most in this forum - they are anecdotal.

Based from my experience in SoCal, delivery coincided in EOQ 3 times: Dec 2018 Model 3; Sep 2019 Model X; Mar 2020 Model Y.

I skipped delivery of Model Y in Dec 2021 - now that order's EDD is March 18, 2022. That was ordered in Nov 2021.

Another order on Feb 2022, Model 3 EDD 3-28 March. All EOQ delivery so far.