Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your thoughts on ring/bracelet

Would you order a ring or a bracelet with a built-in chip to lock/unlock the car?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ring / bracelet with a built-in chip to use as a key to lock/unlock the car (instead of a card key) with automatic adjustment of the driver’s seat to match the driver

You mean like the ones that already exist, like this?

https://www.teslaring.com/ or many others? For me, no, but there are already several different ones of these if people want to buy them.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Having a ring is the best solution to my active lifestyle. I don’t take my phone with me when I run or swim. Leaving everything in the car and just wearing the ring is incredibly convenient and safe. Heck, I even use it when walking into my driveway and I need something from the car, I don’t need to go back inside and grab the phone.
Incredibly convenient.

Reactions: JBT66
Having a ring is the best solution to my active lifestyle. I don’t take my phone with me when I run or swim. Leaving everything in the car and just wearing the ring is incredibly convenient and safe. Heck, I even use it when walking into my driveway and I need something from the car, I don’t need to go back inside and grab the phone.
Incredibly convenient.

I get why some people want a ring or a bracelet but these products already exist by multiple different providers, so I dont get the thread question here. The question makes it sound like this is something that either doesnt exist, or would be some sort of nifty new thing, but its not.

The only thing that comes to mind is either the OP doesnt know that this is a thing already by multiple people (which is why I put a link to one of the many places that already sell them) or was "I have a business Idea I want to float....".

Reactions: Twiglett
Since unlocking can either through NFC or BLE, I wish Tesla would create a Apple Watch app and let us use the watch to unlock instead.
I think there already is an  Watch app that can unlock/lock your Tesla but I don't think it works with proximity, you still have to open the app on your watch and push a button. See "Watch app for Tesla" in the App Store.