Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube "Downfall" Parody of Tesla Motors Short Sellers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors shares closed at an all-time high on Friday: virtually quadruple the closing price on April 9. You may get a kick out of a four-minute YouTube parody of a scene from the film “Downfall” related to the short selling of Tesla Motors stock. Short sellers profit if a stock’s price falls and lose if it heads upward. All year long a great many Tesla Motors shares have been sold short.

Link to video published on August 23:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny, yes, but a "Downfall" subtitle parody is no longer a creative endeavor. Apple fans have been doing it for years. There's even one on EMC and NetApp.

Here's an article on 25 of the best

And here's a wiki tracking the parodies over time:
Screen Shot 2013-08-24 at 12.27.05 PM.png

I imagine these are way less funny if you speak German (because the subtitle gag is ruined) or if you are German... Some of the best contributors on here are German so we should have some respect.

I have a cousin who is a native German. He is a retired English professor now living in Bavaria near the Austrian border. When he was eleven he pointed a toy gun at an American soldier invading his town during the time setting of the "Downfall" movie. The soldier took it away and told him to go home. As an adult my cousin expresses vehement disapproval of everything that was involved with the Third Reich. He has told me that he enjoys the "Downfall" parodies. However, he has to mute the sound so as not to hear the spoken German words.