Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YT Vid: Tesla Model Y 4.6L Rear Hidden Car Cooling & Heating Refrigerator From Tlyard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the pleasure of reviewing this unit for the past couple of days. Awesome product! Ive had a few refrigerators in my Tesla and I have to say, this one ticks most the boxes. Ease of use, heating and cooling feature, and be able to reach it while driving is awesome! Thought Id share with the community. Whats your thoughts on this?

Reactions: Nanaholy
Had the pleasure of reviewing this unit for the past couple of days. Awesome product! Ive had a few refrigerators in my Tesla and I have to say, this one ticks most the boxes. Ease of use, heating and cooling feature, and be able to reach it while driving is awesome! Thought Id share with the community. Whats your thoughts on this?

The Tescamp is much easier, larger, and simpler to use.

The Tescamp is much easier, larger, and simpler to use.

You state its easier, but give zero feedback on how, why, or even give a link to see it. Looks like an extremely similar product.
Found a YouTube video of the Temai refrigerator that isn't broken. I ordered from Amazon and should get within the week. Will give update on how it works. :)

I had this refrigerator as well, and it did break for me as well. Worked great until completely failing.

Question for owners of these fridges: Do any of these aftermarket fridges prevent or make it increasingly more difficult to remove the rear seat floor mats?

I thought I had stated in my video about this, but perhaps not. The fridge is slightly raised, so mats fit perfectly under it. I personally have the Lasfit liners, and if you watch the vid, will see they are perfectly fitting under it.

You state its easier, but give zero feedback on how, why, or even give a link to see it. Looks like an extremely similar product.

I had this refrigerator as well, and it did break for me as well. Worked great until completely failing.

I thought I had stated in my video about this, but perhaps not. The fridge is slightly raised, so mats fit perfectly under it. I personally have the Lasfit liners, and if you watch the vid, will see they are perfectly fitting under it.
Sorry…didn’t know I had to explain myself. It has 4 buttons: off, freeze, chill, heat. No gimmicky touch screen. Simple 12v plug for removal or install into any car. Can fit 8 cans of soda, 1 gym water bottle, 1 large yeti cup, 20oz bottles, etc. this has height, width, and depth.

IMG_9094.jpeg

Reason for my choice is it doesn't take up any space in the passenger area (frequently have 4 passengers.) Will contact the manufacturer regarding the warranty.

Bad things I've seen, this frig will not work on 7 passenger Model Ys and will have fit problems with some "raised" floor mats for the back.

Sorry…didn’t know I had to explain myself. It has 4 buttons: off, freeze, chill, heat. No gimmicky touch screen. Simple 12v plug for removal or install into any car. Can fit 8 cans of soda, 1 gym water bottle, 1 large yeti cup, 20oz bottles, etc. this has height, width, and depth.

View attachment 972012

when someone states something of the nature you did, it’s always good to following up with why you think it’s “better” with showing it off. Personally, I had the said model and it died within 3 weeks, as did the side trunk model. I’ve left the one I reviewed on since it’s install with 100+ degree weather, for three weeks aiming to kill it, and it’s still working wonderfully. Sometimes size doesn’t matter. Wink wink. Haha. I do agree the model you mentioned is larger, but it’s useless when deceased. I feel the one I showed in my OP is a better, more well built option. Humble opinion.

im trying the new sub trunk model in a week or so. Well see how that plays out as well.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi