Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zen Auto - Help any recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

This is my first post so please bear with me :)

I have ordered a Model 3 Performance with FSD and cannot wait, it's due for September (apparently) - I was moving down the PCP option as this is what I've always done however Zen Auto have offered me a lease deal which is significantly cheaper than PCP on both down payment and monthly payment.

Yes, I know, I will not own the car - I'm not bothered, that's fine.

What I'm more interested in is has anyone used with Zen Auto before? If so what was your experience? They will take over my order so nothing changes in terms of timelines and given I don't want to own the car / not bothered about owning it, it seems like a no brainer!?

I have a lease order with Zen.

I haven’t taken delivery yet (some way off that yet!) but can say that Zen have been nothing but friendly and helpful whenever I’ve dealt with them.

if you don't have a budget and want to own the car then go down the the PCP or HP route. If you want to go down the cheaper leasing route the PCH is always going to be the better option. Just look at leasing.com or the Pistonheads forum Best Lease Car Deals Available? (Vol 7) - Page 301 - Car Buying - PistonHeads where all the best lease deals are shown and are over 24mths

I am with OctopusEV before July when the best deals were out for M3 , but current lease prices for M3 are pretty poor in comparison

Hi All,

This is my first post so please bear with me :)

I have ordered a Model 3 Performance with FSD and cannot wait, it's due for September (apparently) - I was moving down the PCP option as this is what I've always done however Zen Auto have offered me a lease deal which is significantly cheaper than PCP on both down payment and monthly payment.

Yes, I know, I will not own the car - I'm not bothered, that's fine.

What I'm more interested in is has anyone used with Zen Auto before? If so what was your experience? They will take over my order so nothing changes in terms of timelines and given I don't want to own the car / not bothered about owning it, it seems like a no brainer!?

Are you sure you’ve got a good deal???? Just looking at zen auto they’re expensive... the long range model is over £150 a month more than what I’m paying without any extras...

Are you sure you’ve got a good deal???? Just looking at zen auto they’re expensive... the long range model is over £150 a month more than what I’m paying without any extras...
Their website prices can be slashed when asking for a quote.

I’m with Zen, and awaiting the car.

I’ve gone for the LR and knocked £162 off their list price, which makes them cheaper than anything else I could find (Octopusev, NVC, DE, Gateway etc).

For full transparency, I could get the P for under £500 a month, 10k Miles, £4K down, 48 months.

I’ve got the LR for even less.

Their website prices can be slashed when asking for a quote.

I’m with Zen, and awaiting the car.

I’ve gone for the LR and knocked £162 off their list price, which makes them cheaper than anything else I could find (Octopusev, NVC, DE, Gateway etc).

For full transparency, I could get the P for under £500 a month, 10k Miles, £4K down, 48 months.

I’ve got the LR for even less.

That’s interesting, i was pretty shocked at their price.

I’d be curious to know what they could do on a 24month lease just for my own knowledge in that case.

The quote I have is for 36 months and 4k down followed by £659. This is for Performance with all the options, FSD etc so top-range car. If people think I should be getting a better price I'm more than happy to ask them again :)

Just checked the company I’m leasing with, they’re at £550 per month with £3200 down over 36 months so you should be able to get a better deal

The quote I have is for 36 months and 4k down followed by £659. This is for Performance with all the options, FSD etc so top-range car. If people think I should be getting a better price I'm more than happy to ask them again :)

so your 3 year deal with zen is 27,724 for a P+ ? including the FSD (£5,800) option.

that does not seem right when the vehicle itself Is worth £49,000 - 21% depreciation = £28,000

how have zen calculated this ?

Just checked the company I’m leasing with,
Interesting, is this inclusive of VAT? The numbers I'm quoting are - do you mind sharing the company details?
Interesting, is this inclusive of VAT? The numbers I'm quoting are - do you mind sharing the company details?

Just looking at it that doesn’t include FSD... have a look though they’d probably beat most quotes they’ve fairly flexible.

It’s Vehicle Leasing | Rivervale Leasing

Just checked the company I’m leasing with,

Just looking at it that doesn’t include FSD... have a look though they’d probably beat most quotes they’ve fairly flexible.

It’s Vehicle Leasing | Rivervale Leasing
Some good prices there.

Comparing my Zen quotes (which obviously their website should reflect), Zen still come in at £20-50 cheaper per month for me on all configurations (that’s excluding the £4K vs £4.4k down).

That’s not to say that Riverdale wouldn’t quote even cheaper again though.

Some sites i used (Gateway and National Vehicle Contracts), either wouldn’t budge on price or it came in MORE than their own website.

Some good prices there.

Comparing my Zen quotes (which obviously their website should reflect), Zen still come in at £20-50 cheaper per month for me on all configurations (that’s excluding the £4K vs £4.4k down).

That’s not to say that Riverdale wouldn’t quote even cheaper again though.

Some sites i used (Gateway and National Vehicle Contracts), either wouldn’t budge on price or it came in MORE than their own website.

Yeah I tired all those, you’re right they don’t budge on price at all.

River dale, were the cheapest I could get for the LR over 24 months and they did look at the price to get it down. They also have no admin fee which is good. I’ve just looked at zen again and they’re £755 a month for my spec with the same deposit which seems mad.

for the op, either you really want a EV right now on a lease or you wait for better deals in the near future as your present prices are really not great at all. you can look at the 2 year deals I posted here a while back from Pink and OctopusEV they were the best deals available. Now you are paying over the depreciation.

for the op, either you really want a EV right now on a lease or you wait for better deals in the near future as your present prices are really not great at all. you can look at the 2 year deals I posted here a while back from Pink and OctopusEV they were the best deals available. Now you are paying over the depreciation.
ngot a

I got a quote from both of those and they weren’t that competitive?

What prices are we talking about? Do you have some examples?

I was looking at Pink/Octopus since before the price drops, and even after getting quotes from them directly they were no where near Zen for me. I know I’m looking at 3 years and not two though so they are always slightly cheaper.

For me (all 10k miles, no extras, 3 years):

SR+, £4K + 35 @ £385 = £17,475
LR AWD, £4K + 35 @ £465 = £20,275
P+, £4K + 35 @ £498 = £21,430

These prices were after several negotiations, and weren’t the first price provided. I actually went for the LR, as although the P was only a little more, I actually only wanted the LR to begin with.