Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero-G wheels have different offsets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a 235/35R20 feels a bit on the stretched side for the 9” Zero G wheel. I get that performance wise it may be the right choice, but I would like a fuller wheel well. Track pack gives you 245/35R20’s. Anyone run a 255/35 or 265/35 on a 9”? I have 15mm spacers in the rear and 5mm in the front. Is that the equivalent of 25mm offset rear and 35 front? Outer lip of rear wheel is around 2mm inboard of fender edge. 1.2F/1.5R camber. I would think if they physically fit and aren’t staggered that the computer won’t care. Hypothetically, 3% rolling diameter difference from largest OE setup.
328CD4BC-1428-4933-BFD1-2C4DD01E347E.jpeg
Didn’t like the plastic nut covers either, went with a real lug nut.

So a 235/35R20 feels a bit on the stretched side for the 9” Zero G wheel. I get that performance wise it may be the right choice, but I would like a fuller wheel well. Track pack gives you 245/35R20’s. Anyone run a 255/35 or 265/35 on a 9”? I have 15mm spacers in the rear and 5mm in the front. Is that the equivalent of 25mm offset rear and 35 front? Outer lip of rear wheel is around 2mm inboard of fender edge. 1.2F/1.5R camber. I would think if they physically fit and aren’t staggered that the computer won’t care. Hypothetically, 3% rolling diameter difference from largest OE setup.View attachment 542883 Didn’t like the plastic nut covers either, went with a real lug nut.

I got these wheels on my P3D+ and see your point about the 235 width. The rim seems pretty exposed at least for street purposes, and it’s odd the Track Pack comes with the 245s. I’m taking the opportunity to order 245/35/20 Michelin PS AS3s and will use the setup year round. I personally don’t want to go wider on the tires as I don’t want a marshmallow look nor decrease range too much more.

Reactions: lbowroom
Just curious if anyone has tried using 15mm spacers (lugged) with the Zero-G wheels on a P3D+? There are known issues using this size spacer with the OEM 20” wheels (the stock lugs hit the cavities in the back of the wheel’s hub). 20mm spacers will work, but I believe result in a bit too much poke as the Zero-G is a bit wider wheel.

So a 235/35R20 feels a bit on the stretched side for the 9” Zero G wheel. I get that performance wise it may be the right choice, but I would like a fuller wheel well. Track pack gives you 245/35R20’s. Anyone run a 255/35 or 265/35 on a 9”? I have 15mm spacers in the rear and 5mm in the front. Is that the equivalent of 25mm offset rear and 35 front? Outer lip of rear wheel is around 2mm inboard of fender edge. 1.2F/1.5R camber. I would think if they physically fit and aren’t staggered that the computer won’t care. Hypothetically, 3% rolling diameter difference from largest OE setup.View attachment 542883 Didn’t like the plastic nut covers either, went with a real lug nut.

Do you have a straight on shot of the wheel? How is the MPP BBK?

7A82F069-5055-4F02-956A-8E0CC36A08CC.jpeg
D38E1263-8195-4FB4-A577-678F57AAFFA5.jpeg
Just curious if anyone has tried using 15mm spacers (lugged) with the Zero-G wheels on a P3D+? There are known issues using this size spacer with the OEM 20” wheels (the stock lugs hit the cavities in the back of the wheel’s hub). 20mm spacers will work, but I believe result in a bit too much poke as the Zero-G is a bit wider wheel.
I was going to try it. But I was going to use 15mm up front and 20mm in the rear. That would make the offset in the front 19 and the rear would be 20. Front 20x9+19 rear 20x9+14 that is a big aggressive in my opinion. Specially if you start to step up in tore size. My Michelin pilot cup 2 245/35/20 (track package) are beefy. The sidewall is stiff and big vs. the AS4. IT APPEARS bigger in the wheel well vs the stock tires. I’m sure it would poke a lot. With spacer.

now far as the tire stretch with the 235/35, even with the 245s it’s still a little stretch on the tire but I think a 255 would be perfect.

View attachment 549863 View attachment 549864
I was going to try it. But I was going to use 15mm up front and 20mm in the rear. That would make the offset in the front 19 and the rear would be 20. Front 20x9+19 rear 20x9+14 that is a big aggressive in my opinion. Specially if you start to step up in tore size. My Michelin pilot cup 2 245/35/20 (track package) are beefy. The sidewall is stiff and big vs. the AS4. IT APPEARS bigger in the wheel well vs the stock tires. I’m sure it would poke a lot. With spacer.

now far as the tire stretch with the 235/35, even with the 245s it’s still a little stretch on the tire but I think a 255 would be perfect.

I tried the lugged 15mm spacer yesterday with these wheels on a P3D+ and it wasn’t even close to fitting! As documented elsewhere, with the thinner Performance rotors the stock lugs extend too far out from the spacer holes and won’t allow the wheel to fit flush with the hub. The 20mm lugged spacer will work but again too much poke, IMO. Anything more than a 6mm standard spacer won’t leave enough threads on the lugs for the nut to be torqued all the way through. Kind of an annoying problem.

That does suck. I can confirm that they work on the standard rotors and the MPP Upgrade rotors for the standard. Would likely work with the MPP Upgrade rotors for the PUP
Haha, I just happen to have those MPP rotors coming... But I’m working with the same lug length, so don’t think it would be any different than if I were to add a 4mm spacer (ie the MPP rotor is 4mm wider than stock). I’ve seen someone here replace the stock lugs with longer ones — seemed pretty involved.

Probably. I tried a 20 first and it was past the fender. 15 is just right. The MPP hats give you 4, add a 6mm flat spacer and you’re 5mm in from where I am. That’s better than 5mm out and consistent all around. Will probably get 7-8 turns on the lugs. Just enough.

Reactions: katie3
Just took delivery of the wheel set (loaded in trunk / back seat) from Pomona Service Center. They provided me with 2x ET34 and 2x ET40. They insisted that it's a "staggered" setup (not really what staggered means) and that it's what is provided to all referral bonus customers. I have a non-PUP LR RWD FWIW.

Anyone else running into the same issue? They suggested I reach out to the Tesla referral team to sort it out, which I will do.

On the bright side, I have side-by-side comparisons of ET34 and ET40. The wheel concave from the outside side is identical. On the ET34, they simply added 6mm of material on the inside to make it poke out more for the PUP cars; the lug seats are recessed further in by 6mm to compensate.

Adding a 6mm spacer to the ET40 will make it identical to the ET34 in terms of fitment, with 6mm less thread engagement / protrusion, depending on how you look at it. Most PUP owners using ET40 will add a 5mm spacer as those are readily available.

Non-PUP owners that get a hold of a ET34 wheel set will get "free" 12mm spacers, i.e. they will poke out 12mm more from they OEM 18" Aero or 19" Sport wheels, which would be more or less flush with the fenders. This is due to the additional 6mm offset and 6mm from the increased width of the wheel itself (9" vs 8.5", divided in half).

Wow, that is absolutely not correct. 34mm offset for Performance with red calipers, has a counter bore. 40mm for everything else, no counterbore. Not mix and match.

I agree that mix and match is a no go, but the ET40 do indeed have the counter-bore. There is even a photo of a PUP with ET40 all around, no issues, except for the fact that it is too recessed in, visually and for performance (track width) reasons.