Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1/8th mile Drag Racing - Need to find 0.06 seconds! Any suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can get close to a 5 second 1/8th mile. My times are right around 6.05 seconds. Battery is 90%+, drag strip mode/ready, cheetah mode sometimes, tires at 40 psi, suspension low, car emptied of any extra cargo, tires are relatively fresh.

I have tried tires higher/lower psi, various suspension heights, track mode instead of drag mode.

So close, yet no dice. Not interested in removing anything except 10lbs of body fat lol. Car is 100% complete.

Any ideas appreciated!

I know you said you aren't interested in removing any weight but at least consider that you can remove the rear seat cushion, rear seat backs and cargo covers in 20-30 minutes (super easy) and that is around 100 lbs. It's some clips, one seat belt bolt and a few connectors. After you do it once it is super easy and don't need to remove all the seat brackets or anything.

I've thought about the tires pressures. Maybe I will goof around with it.

As far as sticky rears, I would like to hit it on regular street tires.
If you're not willing to reduce the weight, and not willing to put stickier tires on there, what are you will to do to the car to make it faster? Because those are about the only two mods you can do to a Tesla to make it faster.

You can switch to the OEM 19" rather than 21" but they may not be any faster, that depends on your track and prep.