Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 week after delivery couldn't be happier 2 x 2023 Model Y Performance red and blue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who once bought two of the same cars (2014 Ford Mustang GTs) for the wife and I, it eventually turns into wishing you got something different for one of them even if they are awesome cars. Good choice on the colors though, easily the best two Tesla colors IMO.

Austin or Fremont builds? I am buying an MYLR when the Juniper rolls out, I think I'd prefer an Austin build.
What's the advantage of an Austin build?

Our 2022 was Fremont and one I got last Friday was Austin. I can't think of any difference except parcel shelf and now HW4 but I believe Fremont is HW4 now too.

I found the shelf much more annoying and in the way than helpful so put in storage.

As someone who once bought two of the same cars (2014 Ford Mustang GTs) for the wife and I, it eventually turns into wishing you got something different for one of them even if they are awesome cars. Good choice on the colors though, easily the best two Tesla colors IMO.

Yeah I wondered on that. I've thought of getting the same vehicle with a few we really like (2014 BMW x5, model Y, upcoming Rivian R1S).

With ICE vehicles I always thought it could help a lot if it was an older vehicle I did significant maintenance on, then its only one vehicle I have to learn and may be able to share a number of parts. Brake pads, rotors, filters, spark plugs, suspension, fluids, etc.

But with an EV thats much less of an issue as theres just not much to maintain outside Tires/Brake fluid which really doesn't matter having the same vehicle.

Please reply back with how you feel after you curb your first MYP Uberturbine wheel!
I haven't seen it discussed, I probably missed it, but my 23 MYP came with Michelin tires that have a rubber edge that protrudes about an eighth of an inch past the rims. My 21 MYLR did not have that little bit of protection. I don't know how much it'll help if I contact a curb but I appreciate the little detail.

Attachments

• 20230916_112032.jpg
    20230916_112032.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Informative
Reactions: MacO512 and brinox
I haven't seen it discussed, I probably missed it, but my 23 MYP came with Michelin tires that have a rubber edge that protrudes about an eighth of an inch past the rims. My 21 MYLR did not have that little bit of protection. I don't know how much it'll help if I contact a curb but I appreciate the little detail.
My wife was not deterred by these attempts at protection. She saw their rubber edge and raised them seven or eight curb rashes on all four wheels.

• Funny
Reactions: MacO512