Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 year of supercharging for delivery of m3/my if delivery before 12/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m always curious when I hear about these incentives to know how you can confirm you will really get the free year of supercharging if you place your order. I’ve never seen Tesla put any of this in writing. How can you really be sure you are getting this? So many people have posted horror stories about chasing Tesla after the fact for their free miles and being told they did not qualify, even if their rep told them they did.

I’m always curious when I hear about these incentives to know how you can confirm you will really get the free year of supercharging if you place your order. I’ve never seen Tesla put any of this in writing. How can you really be sure you are getting this? So many people have posted horror stories about chasing Tesla after the fact for their free miles and being told they did not qualify, even if their rep told them they did.

I emailed my Tesla rep to confirm and he said it was true and the free supercharging will be added to my account.

upload_2020-12-12_22-52-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-12_22-52-33.png
    upload_2020-12-12_22-52-33.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Funny
Reactions: texastodd
FYI: for those of us who rarely use supercharging, there are no alternative incentives.

there is no “cash equivalent” for a free year of supercharging that they will deduct from the price of the vehicle. They will also not let you get the acceleration boost or upgraded wheels in lieu of the the free year of supercharging.

Talked with my sales advisor yesterday about it since I rarely supercharge

Seems like SR+ is excluded according to electrek

“Effective December 12 to December 31st, all undelivered Model 3sand Model Y vehicles (excluding Model 3 Standard Range) that deliver by December 31st will receive one year of Free Supercharging.”

“Effective December 12 to December 31st, all undelivered Model 3sand Model Y vehicles (excluding Model 3 Standard Range) that deliver by December 31st will receive one year of Free Supercharging.”

I think they're referring to the $35k off-menu SR, they may have some that are still pending delivery. I take delivery of an SR+ today, so I'll let you know

Reactions: CaptMhack

This is likely a case of mis reading what you are looking at....

"Standard Range" does NOT = "Standard Range PLUS (SR+) vehicle type. What you are reading is, "The off menu 35k Base model Standard Range vehicle will not receive 1 year free supercharging". Doesnt say SR+ anywhere, so your statement of "SR+ excluded" is incorrect.

My mistake I thought they had cancelled the SR and SR+ was the only remaining option

They did cancel the $35K SR Model 3 for 2021 models. They quietly announced this to the sales team last month.

Tesla stops selling $35,000 Model 3 with new 2021 model year refresh - Electrek

As for whether they mean that only the $35K SR model is excluded from the promotion, or they were using the SR term in the general sense to refer to their SR+ model...who knows. Tesla has never been good at getting these little details right in their communications.

Reactions: CaptMhack
I just confirmed with a SA at a mall. She said that the incentive is only for those who have not placed an order or who have placed an order but do not have VIN as of yesterday and get the vehicle delivered before 31st.

My experience with these types of issues is that you can ask three different sales advisors the same question and get three different answers. We have a steady stream of complaints on this forum from people who were told by their sales advisor they would be getting free supercharging miles only to be told by the SC desk after their purchase that their sales advisor was incorrect. So if getting this promotion is important to you, get it in writing. Verbal promises from salespeople mean absolutely nothing. It needs to be referenced in the purchase agreeement for it to be a binding commitment from Tesla.

We discussed this today and decided against moving our delivery date up from 1/2 or later to take advantage of this.
We are already getting the referral miles from purchasing our 2 M3's, the closest SC location is convenient for my Wife, but not for me, and with COVID ongoing we just aren't sure how much additional traveling outside of day to day driving we will do.

Last edited: