Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.0 (2019.32.11.1) = Alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S90D attempted a download/install last night. However, about 80% into the process (according to the app), the car went into alarm. Horn blaring. I used the app to unlock/lock the car, which silenced the alarm. Note that this alarm trigger behavior has happened for the last one or two times I've attempted a software upgrade on the car. At 10PM. Not ideal. It appears the the upgrade failed, as well. I'll try again tonight...

EDIT: Also have been seeing the "Sentry disabled" notices pretty regularly...

EDIT #2: Honestly, the software/UI in this car is really a mockery. So many "little" things done badly. A number of "big" things as well. Every time I drive it my blood pressure goes up when I end up fighting the UI. It is a delight to actually "drive", though.

Last edited:
For mine, the last 3 times it has done a software update, the car alarm goes off a little while after it starts. Its really annoying. The first time it happened in the middle of the night. The car was safe parked in my garage and secure every time. I am now to the point where I expect it to happen. It did not happen on my Model 3, just on my model S -- P100D

Alarm went off again. Showing 80% installed on the app. Once again, I unlocked/locked via the app which reset the alarm. The install did continue and finish and the car rebooted. Now showing 2019.32.12.2, so, there you have it. I’ll deep reboot in the AM and hope for the best. Just sloppy.

I am still on 32.11 and won’t download 11.1 because of these concerns. So far I am afraid of the following, particularly on MCU 1

1. Web browser complete death
2. Car alarm bug
3. Spelling of Spotify not fixed
4. Sentry Mode errors
5. Smart Summon camera errors
6. LTE spontaneous disconnects/dropping
7. Slacker streaming problems/interruptions

Sounds like there might be some safety feature added that are missing on the first edition of V10 for AP2 vehicles?

The concerns I have with the first V10 offering is I feel like the HVAC/seat heater settings seem to require adjusting multiple times before the changes stick.

I also noticed voice control “play” command is not functional anymore. Is this repaired in one of the later V10 iterations?

Can anyone confirm that 11.1,12.1, or 12.2 actually improve anything?

Last edited: