Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10-20mile+ per day battery drain when not plugged in.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
On weekends I go up to a boat and often leave the car in the lot for 2-3 days, I'm getting concerned however as I am noticing 10-20 miles per day in drain from the car when locked. I do not have sentry mode on however there may be other power saving or burning features im not aware of. For 2-3 days the drain is ok but I worried about the week or two I take during the summer.
Are there specific things to shut off or a method of shutting down the car for storage for a week or two? I thought I read that teslas were suppose to loose 1-3 miles a day, not 10x that...

Thanks
AC

Hi,
On weekends I go up to a boat and often leave the car in the lot for 2-3 days, I'm getting concerned however as I am noticing 10-20 miles per day in drain from the car when locked. I do not have sentry mode on however there may be other power saving or burning features im not aware of. For 2-3 days the drain is ok but I worried about the week or two I take during the summer.
Are there specific things to shut off or a method of shutting down the car for storage for a week or two? I thought I read that teslas were suppose to loose 1-3 miles a day, not 10x that...

Thanks
AC

Make sure to turn off all:

1) Sentry Mode
2) Summon Standby Mode
3) Allow Mobile Access
4) Cabin Overheat Protection
5) Climate Preconditioning
6) Keep Climate On

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
oh interesting, I thought I would have had to turn it on (like most advanced stuff), getting the coilovers installed today but will check as soon as I pick it up.
AC
Nope, when Tesla added that feature they made it default to "on". Stupid move, but I don't see how they can change it now without forcing it to off for everyone and letting them reset it.

Need to add a "low power mode" that automatically makes it act like the car is under 20% and cuts nearly everything.

Hi,

Thanks
AC
In Summer, if you turn off all those draining items, like Smart Summon, your drain can be 2 miles a day, about 0.1 miles/hr

Thanks everyone, you were correct, smart summon was on. Ill have some time to do some long weekend testing before the longer trips and there is a super charger about 30 mi away so not the end of the world if I have to charge before heading out for a few weeks.
Cheers.

I had all of the normal offenders of drain turned off the other day, but was still losing crazy miles. I noticed a humming sound coming from the car so I performed 2-thumb salute. Problem vanished so it was probably due to a hung process or something.