Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no 10.9 here, I'm on 10.8.1.

Also waiting anxiously for our new Model Y to get added to the FSD program :) It's kinda crazy how much I don't trust normal Autopilot when just driving in a straight line on surface streets. FSD Beta has a _much_ better understanding of the road way and lanes.

Reactions: Darren F
10.8 was the last major rollout to new testers.

The thought is also that Tesla will get through pushing 10.9 to all current beta testers before adding new ones.

thanks. I'm curious if Tesla is just going to continue growing the number of testers, or if they will have "enough" at some point, and FSD beta becomes completely closed until wide release.

thanks. I'm curious if Tesla is just going to continue growing the number of testers, or if they will have "enough" at some point, and FSD beta becomes completely closed until wide release.
The fact that they are still doing the safety score and have the "sign up for Beta" button, I would hope they are taking more. More drivers helps their feedback.

Anyone notice any obvious improvements? I don’t like to watch stuff from FSD content creators because I feel as they’re just fluffers and aren’t speaking the cold hard factz.
Went on my first 10.9 drive.

- Right turns from a stop look slightly faster. I'll have to check the exact numbers once the videos are imported.
- Roundabouts : The car didn't stop before the pedestrian crossing. Took less time to complete the roundabout. If repeats over the next could of days, would be a definite improvement.
- There is one right turn at a traffic light with a right turn fork that used to be ok before 10.7 (?) and has never been completed successfully since then. The car goes too fast and I disengage because the car wants to ignore the right turn fork and take the turn at the intersection, which also it can't do properly because of high speed. The navigation shows path through the right turn fork. Unfortunately, no improvement in this. I thought one of the release notes items (#7, Made launches from stop more calm when there is an imminent slowdown nearby) would have made this better.

IMHO, I don’t think it’s an unfair review. I have 10.9, but I have not used FSD on city streets for the same reason he mentioned that it’s not a pleasant stress-free experience.
But is it even "fair" to review early access beta software expecting it to be a "pleasant stress-free experience" ?