Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1000 Referral Credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The $1000 referral credit program is set to expire March 15 (I can take advantage of my own credit from my wife's Tesla).
I am looking at a S100D, and want to use the credit, but I would also like to wait until I know what is going to happen with the functionality of Enhanced Autopilot.

Has anyone heard any rumors about an extension of the $1000 referral credit program past March 15? There is a referral program for all of 2017, but it does not include the $1000 referral credit program.

Referral Program

Hmm I read that as the $1000 referral credit is throughout the year, just that the "rewards" and required # of referrals per reward grouping could change. Maybe I'm wrong.

Having re-read the Referral Program, I believe you are correct. The $1,000 referral program appears to be for the entire year. There are additional awards for the period ending March 15 and for the entire year.

I had a $1000 referral credit and have been saving it to use for annual service visits after my 4 years were up. Every time I've gone to the service center they assured me there was no expiration. Today I was at the service center and asked about using some of my credit to buy a Tesla wall charger for our new house. The rep told me that Tesla cancelled/expired all the outstanding $1000 referral credits as of Dec. 31st and didn't let anyone (including service center staff) know ahead of time. I said I never received any notice and furthermore my rep told me when I was in for service in jan once again that I could use the credit for my next annual service. The service center manager (who I've known for years) told me quite a few of his customers are upset about this, but nothing he could do. This is crazy and I'm really pissed right now I was one of the first Tesla Model S customers and i've probably sold 30-40 Model S cars myself.This is no way to treat early and loyal customers!!!