Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Model X now or wait 2 + years for Tesla Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I have a deposit on a 100D MX right now. Delivery should happen in 2-3 weeks. With the new raven models, better efficiency and amazing price drops I was tempted and jumped. $88k for a white, base wheels, black interior and no FSD. Ordering process was sooo easy. Everything is standard now! Only choices are color, wheels, interior, seats and FSD.

I was going to hold out for a Tesla Truck. I really would love to get back into a truck but I just cant wait 2 years. Ive been driving my reliable 2014 Toyota Rav4 EV since I bought it new. Its the longest Ive ever owned a vehicle. Nothing existed that I wanted more (that could afford). But I just sold it and need a new car. My family needs a lot of space so we cant go smaller.

Im in a good situation financially so I decided to splurge and go for the X. Its a big leap for me. $1000 a month is more than double I have ever spent on a car. I'm definitely not rich so this is a big deal.

The hints that Elon has dropped suggest that the Truck could be cheaper. Do I buy a used Rav4 EV for cheap, drive it for 2 years then buy a Truck or love the X I just bought?

Hard to say since you need to get a car anyway. Have you looked into the used Xs? Maybe it's 2 years, maybe it's longer.
I'm keeping my 2002 truck going until the pickup is ready. At least that's the plan.

If I may ask, why did you sell the 2014 RavEV if you are still considering replacing it with the same model?

Hard to say since you need to get a car anyway. Have you looked into the used Xs? Maybe it's 2 years, maybe it's longer.
I'm keeping my 2002 truck going until the pickup is ready. At least that's the plan.

If I may ask, why did you sell the 2014 RavEV if you are still considering replacing it with the same model?
Because I received a great price on it and I know I could replace it if I needed to.

I have looked for used X's. Ive been looking every day.

But 2 year depreciation could be painful.
Of course we never know what the future holds but the used 2016-2017 that I am seeing are being advertised at only a $15,000 discount. And those are for cars that do not have the full self driving option and many of them don’t have all the features that are now standard. I think the 2019+ will be the most coveted version. And with the current promotion I get free unlimited supercharging which I am super excited about!

Reactions: mongo
Hey guys,

I have a deposit on a 100D MX right now. Delivery should happen in 2-3 weeks. With the new raven models, better efficiency and amazing price drops I was tempted and jumped. $88k for a white, base wheels, black interior and no FSD. Ordering process was sooo easy. Everything is standard now! Only choices are color, wheels, interior, seats and FSD.

I was going to hold out for a Tesla Truck. I really would love to get back into a truck but I just cant wait 2 years. Ive been driving my reliable 2014 Toyota Rav4 EV since I bought it new. Its the longest Ive ever owned a vehicle. Nothing existed that I wanted more (that could afford). But I just sold it and need a new car. My family needs a lot of space so we cant go smaller.

Im in a good situation financially so I decided to splurge and go for the X. Its a big leap for me. $1000 a month is more than double I have ever spent on a car. I'm definitely not rich so this is a big deal.

The hints that Elon has dropped suggest that the Truck could be cheaper. Do I buy a used Rav4 EV for cheap, drive it for 2 years then buy a Truck or love the X I just bought?
i'll probably get blasted for this here but have you looked at the Rivian trucks at all?

i'll probably get blasted for this here but have you looked at the Rivian trucks at all?
Consider yourself blasted:
I ordered a MX 100D. Should be here in 2 weeks. Its a HUGE payment for me. Most expensive car Ive ever owned. Its a stretch. But I think I can do it and if I cant Ill trade it in on a truck in a couple years because they are supposedly going to be cheaper.

Reactions: PabloChacon