Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D uncorking mystery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please ask your service center or the “Executive Escalation” option if you don’t get a satisfactory answer from your SC. The SC is really who knows whether or not your car can be uncorked. If you ask them about uncorking your car, they would know.

P.S. AFAIK nobody else has been able to replicate the DragTimes time. I would expect something more in line with the official Tesla quoted performance change.

Please ask your service center or the “Executive Escalation” option if you don’t get a satisfactory answer from your SC. The SC is really who knows whether or not your car can be uncorked. If you ask them about uncorking your car, they would know.

P.S. AFAIK nobody else has been able to replicate the DragTimes time. I would expect something more in line with the official Tesla quoted performance change.

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m looking forward to discovering if anyone has firsthand experience similar to what was demonstrated by Drag Times.

Note that your upgrade benefit may vary depending on which 100D you have. I have a June 2017 100D and do not feel that type of improvement at all. Some owners and Tesla state only a 0.1s improvement. It is possible that the significant boost only applies to models with the new drive unit.

Note that your upgrade benefit may vary depending on which 100D you have. I have a June 2017 100D and do not feel that type of improvement at all. Some owners and Tesla state only a 0.1s improvement. It is possible that the significant boost only applies to models with the new drive unit.

Might you advise the best way to determine the version of drive unit specific to my VIN?