Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

105 ~ 106kW SuperCharging rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be. Is there a photo of the label on one of the EU Superchargers? Is it the same as the US labels where it calls for 240VAC 3 phase or 480VAC 3 phase? Would love to see a pic if it's different than the "Supercharger 120" labels.
I had a picture of a label from the Oosterhout SuperCharger, but I removed it from my phone.

From what I recall it's the same as the US label, so probably your theory is right.

I believe a redesign of the chargers would have to be done to make anything else work, and even then it wouldn't really change anything as using the L-L voltage would use the same power over the conductors (although it would eliminate the need for a neutral if it could use 400V L-L). For Germany, perhaps they're just adding 3 more chargers (one for each phase) to the cabinets, and that would create the potential for 138 kW (230V * 40A * 15 chargers).
Yes, something like that would work. The 138kW coming from the 15 chargers would be enough. So that's probably what they are doing.