Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12.1.2 incoming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a notification to update just now, for those that don’t know, and I got this from “Like Tesla” on YouTube, you know you get a count down to start the update, just tap on the update screen 3 times and this starts the update immediately. Will go try it now.

Fred

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Quick Install, bypass the timer.

Yes it works, when you press install, 2.00 minutes comes up, just tap on that screen 3 times and it goes right to 001 and starts the install.

Install 6:24pm PST

In progress 6:30pm

6:33pm Software update require, contact Tesla
Should be rebooting soon. (But update still in progress)

6:35pm Software require msg to call Tesla is gone

6:37pm Update complete and screen is rebooting.

6:39pm T logo came on and Update complete, no change in release notes, same as 12.1.1 but I did get 12.1.2

No Web Browser, No Satellite Maps and no Streaming, will check later to see if it shows up.

15 minute for the whole install via WiFi.

Fred

Last edited:
Do you have the option to turn off confirmations for Navigate on Autopilot? I read in another thread that one user who thought he had HW3 got 12.1.1 but didn't have the toggle to turn off confirmations.
No. I have NOA but no option to turn off the confirmation for automatic lane changes while in NOA.

2019.12.1.1 gave me Sentry Mode and the option to automatically turn on NOA when available.

But I still have to use the blinker to confirm lane changes when on NOA. I think HW2.5 users on this software do have this feature but I could be wrong.

I have noticed since going from 2019.7.105 (which is presumed to be FSD/HW3 cars) that automatic lane changes are MUCH faster.

Now if we could just get the acceleration on TAAC (or full autopilot) to be MUCH more aggressive from a full stop we'll be in business!

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I was on 2019.7.105 with a brand new, April 2019 built, M3 AWD FSD with HW3.

I just was pushed and did allow the install of 2019.12.1.2.
20190502_235654.jpg

I started my update about 20 minutes ago and should be finished soon, said 25 minutes. Had gone to check my phone in general and thought I saw an update notification. My husband's MS got an update the other day, he's now on 12.1.1. Wonder what this version on my Model 3 will be. I hope I didn't jinx myself by having opened the app and seeing it said it was still updating.

Last edited:
Quick question but maybe the wrong thread. How do you know if you are on HW3. When did it go into production? Sticker on my car say 12/31/18 build date. I have NOA no confirmation with 2019.8.5 and am updating to “something “ as I type lol