Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12.1.2 incoming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question but maybe the wrong thread. How do you know if you are on HW3. When did it go into production? Sticker on my car say 12/31/18 build date. I have NOA no confirmation with 2019.8.5 and am updating to “something “ as I type lol

You don’t have HW3. Deployment started in 4/19, and cars were shipped with 2019.7.102 and 2019.7.105 software revisions. Most likely all cars delivered with a 4/19 build date and newer will have HW3.

Reactions: swaltner
My car is only 3 weeks old and I got my first update this morning - I was pleased that it took me straight from 2019.5.15 to 2019.12.1.2 - I have seen a lot of discussion on the forum about how to get Tesla to update the car faster - I would actually be happy just to move every month or two to the next stable release and let the rest of you work through all of the bugs!

Hopefully the rear-camera bug is finally squashed with this one.

Apparently it is not squashed. Got 12.1.2 earlier this week and backup camera going black has still happened a few times since. It has been intermittent but frequent through the last couple of updates. I will do a reboot (again) but not feeling hopeful. Frustrating!
BTW I’m new to TMC and appreciate the thoughtful and helpful information you all post,

Update tried to install for me yesterday evening. After about 30 minutes I got an app alert that the install failed. When I got in my car this morning it gave me the message to wait until another update is sent my way. Cruise and navigate on autopilot are no longer working now. Doesn't even give me the steering wheel option to engage it. Very frustrating. Anyone else had this issue?

Update tried to install for me yesterday evening. After about 30 minutes I got an app alert that the install failed. When I got in my car this morning it gave me the message to wait until another update is sent my way. Cruise and navigate on autopilot are no longer working now. Doesn't even give me the steering wheel option to engage it. Very frustrating. Anyone else had this issue?

Submit a service request in the app, select software upgrade, and describe the issue. They can likely push the current revision again, which should trigger the update to download shortly after.

• Helpful
Reactions: LDMD7
When my Model 3 gets here can the delivery center update to 12.1.2 or current (53.1.1 the way the wait feels:D)? Looks like from what I've read the APH3 is coming with 8.x. Does the delivery center have a way to 'force' an update?

When my Model 3 gets here can the delivery center update to 12.1.2 or current (53.1.1 the way the wait feels:D)? Looks like from what I've read the APH3 is coming with 8.x. Does the delivery center have a way to 'force' an update?

I've heard of people requesting, and getting, the latest firmware update pre-delivery. It may not be worthwhile, though; Tesla pushes firmware updates pretty frequently. I took delivery of my car precisely five weeks ago, on March 30. Since then, I've had five software updates -- that's one per week, on average. The longest I've gone between updates so far is 18 days. Of course, this is a semi-random process, so you might end up on an older-than-the-latest firmware for two or three weeks; but the same will be true many times in the years you're likely to own the car, so why sweat it for the first few days of ownership?

Received 12.1.2 today. Two things I’ve observed. My release notes have no mention of 150 kW Supercharging enabled(mid range model 3) and the speed limit sign at least on a main 50 mph section near my house is now listed properly as 50 by the car(used to think it 40 mph). I’m curious now to drive around my area which has a good 10-15% of the speed limits not matching up with my Tesla. I’m going on a 400 mile trip tomorrow so my question about the Supercharger will be answered one way of the other.

Received 12.1.2 today. Two things I’ve observed. My release notes have no mention of 150 kW Supercharging enabled(mid range model 3) and the speed limit sign at least on a main 50 mph section near my house is now listed properly as 50 by the car(used to think it 40 mph). I’m curious now to drive around my area which has a good 10-15% of the speed limits not matching up with my Tesla. I’m going on a 400 mile trip tomorrow so my question about the Supercharger will be answered one way of the other.

Likewise for me, a section of road near my house was marked as 30 when it's actually 40, and it's been fixed. I think map fixes actually come separately from firmware updates. I checked the "Software" tab in the options shortly after receiving 12.1.2 and I noticed that it said it was downloading new map data.

Same thing happened to me. Speed limit is also missing.

I just got 12.1.2 yesterday and have the LR AWD version. My release notes did have the 150kW supercharging mentioned.

The interesting thing that I noticed and hadn't seen before and have had TeslaCam and Sentry mode for quite a while now, was when I turned on my car, it gave me a Sentry Mode event Report. Said 2 events occurred. I didn't take out the media yet but knew to walk around the car to look for anything (it was parked in our driveway) and didn't see anything. I think Sentry was active when a delivery person came up the house delivering a package and then had to return to the house as they delivered the wrong package to the wrong address and had to switch LOL. That would be 2 events that likely would have triggered it.

0FD6F4C1-03D3-4FF5-A27C-C834E03ECBEF.jpeg

My car is only 3 weeks old and I got my first update this morning - I was pleased that it took me straight from 2019.5.15 to 2019.12.1.2 - I have seen a lot of discussion on the forum about how to get Tesla to update the car faster - I would actually be happy just to move every month or two to the next stable release and let the rest of you work through all of the bugs!
Same here! Mine is about 8 weeks old.

• Funny
Reactions: Snow Drift
Can anyone tell me how to update my software? I’m on v9.0 but it tells me an update is available, please connect to wi-fi. Even though I am connected to my two home WiFi and I tried through my phones personal hotspot, the update doesn’t go through....thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to update my software? I’m on v9.0 but it tells me an update is available, please connect to wi-fi. Even though I am connected to my two home WiFi and I tried through my phones personal hotspot, the update doesn’t go through....thanks!

Ordinarily, the car will download an update in the background, without telling you, and then tell you that it's available and ask if you want to apply it. If yours is asking you to connect to WiFi, then that sounds like something else is happening. Perhaps there's a problem with your Internet connection -- even if you're connected to WiFi, if that connection is blocked from connecting to the Internet (or even just to Tesla's servers), it could be the problem. You might want to review your WiFi router's settings, and if you can find nothing wrong either contact Tesla or take the car to somewhere with public WiFi. (Tesla's stores have WiFi to which the car will connect automatically, or so I've heard.) You might need to leave it parked for a while before the car will grab the update, though.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Ordinarily, the car will download an update in the background, without telling you, and then tell you that it's available and ask if you want to apply it. If yours is asking you to connect to WiFi, then that sounds like something else is happening. Perhaps there's a problem with your Internet connection -- even if you're connected to WiFi, if that connection is blocked from connecting to the Internet (or even just to Tesla's servers), it could be the problem. You might want to review your WiFi router's settings, and if you can find nothing wrong either contact Tesla or take the car to somewhere with public WiFi. (Tesla's stores have WiFi to which the car will connect automatically, or so I've heard.) You might need to leave it parked for a while before the car will grab the update, though.
Hello srs. If my 3 is asleep it appears to disconnect from WiFi. It doesn’t show up as a device in my Google WiFi. When I wake the car up and drive will it then tell me an update is available if there is one? Thanks in advance.