Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to know you don't have to sit in the car for half an hour going through all the superchargers on/near your route noting prlces and times any more. One more step forward.
I also heard on the Imvestor day that the car will report back which supercharger you have planned to, how long your stay will be and offer a reroute if that charger is busy..this will be a game changer for those that have to travel at busy periods, especially as more supercharging stations are rolled out. Car to car communication is the way to avoid these queues.
My M3 has offered this a couple of times before now. Last summer in France it popped up a notification that the planned SC was busy and offered an alternative.

Reactions: Cardo
Todays little treat is the car now seems to brake every time I make an auto lane change. It’s not harsh, or for long, only scrubs 1mph every time. I put the indicator on, it starts to move, dabs the brakes and then all is fine. Probably looks like I’m brake checking people when moving back across the lanes 🤯

Auto wipers now seem to be particularly bad in the dark. Either wiping a dry screen or not wiping fast enough. As others have noted it makes AP and TACC use very frustrating. In daylight I have been experiencing problems too. A while ago I was thinking wiper operation was getting close to acceptable. One step forward…
I had an interesting experience/observation of wiper performance last night.

I generally have pretty good auto wiper performance other than at night but last night I noticed a distinction between auto wipers when on AP as against auto wipers without AP.

Firstly I had the common occurrence of fine misty rain in the dark not promoting the occasional wipe quickly enough. I then thought that surely AP would be struggling to function in the dark with this level of poor screen/camera clearance. I therefore switched to AP but found that the auto wipers now didn’t need any extra wipe from me to maintain a clear screen! I switched out of AP and back to AP to confirm this wasn’t a one off… same observation! This makes me think that there’s no reason why auto wipers can’t be made to work better in the rain at all other times since they seemed to work fine when AP was active.

I would be interested if others have ever noticed wipers at night doing a better job when the car has AP active.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
not noticed your wiped scenerio yet, but have definately noticed that mine perform different in fine mist/drizzle and AUTO does not activate them, almost to the point you cannot see out of the screen, when its in AP its quite different and seems to overwipe more than underwipe.

Certain things have definately changed in this update, cars phone data/cell takes longer to pick up, used to be instant when getting in the car, now takes a few seconds befure activating spotify, (also had a few triggers of SOS not functioning as expected, so presume that is linked)

phone key range seems to be decreased and also less repsonsive, to the point when some times ive had to pull out my phone and check i havent closed the tesla app running in the background.

I can add to this. AHB seems to be behave slightly different on AP.
I thought it was my imagination but my wife agreed.
High beam took 4 seconds to come back up after passing a car on AP and only 3 seconds not on AP on the same stretch of road.
There didn’t appear to be any factors at play.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado