Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12/31 8pm delivery at the Tesla factory instead of DC speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys think this is just to save time in shuttling cars to the DC or will they actually do anything special to make up for having to spend NYE trying to pick up our cars? My significant other is not happy about having to reschedule/ more likely miss our original non-refundable NYE plans in San Francisco to instead go pick up my new car at 8. Hopefully there will be something to soften the blow of losing out a few hundred dollars of tickets.

Based off previous threads on similar topics, don't expect anything extra.

They're doing you a huge favor by staying open that late. Nobody is forcing you to pick the car up. Pick it up the following week at a more agreeable time.
Haha favor? I’ve been waiting two month for my car. I expect to be compensated for losing my tickets.

I know Tesla did a thank you event for Roadster owners a few years back and I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a big thank you to those that helped reach some delivery milestone for Tesla for the year. I know they had a target for 3rd Q that they hoped to make up and exceed in 4th Q. Not to get anyones hopes up but I can't help wonder if maybe there could be a factory visit or someone special to show up. I know everyone at Tesla has worked hard this year to make it a blow out year for Tesla and worked really hard during the last few weeks of deliveries, so wouldn't be surprised if they have very good numbers and want to celebrate it a bit with some of the last owners to get their cars this year.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha!

Wait, this was a joke, right?

They owe you nothing. Cancel your order, they’ll sell your car before you hit submit.
People like you allow Tesla to get away with being a shitty car company. SA hooked it up with a free wall charger. If you are firm but polite with your request you get much farther than letting people walk all over you in life. Good luck with that!

People like you allow Tesla to get away with being a shitty car company. SA hooked it up with a free wall charger. If you are firm but polite with your request you get much farther than letting people walk all over you in life. Good luck with that!
Your two statements dont go together. Tesla is a "@#@Q#$ car company because you were firm and polite and they gave you some free stuff they didnt need to?"

I agree with the firm and polite ask for things (that does go a long way), but not sure how them giving you a free wall connector that they didnt have to confirms they are a @3qrq23 car company.

Reactions: Kilotango74
Your two statements dont go together. Tesla is a "@#@Q#$ car company because you were firm and polite and they gave you some free stuff they didnt need to?"

I agree with the firm and polite ask for things (that does go a long way), but not sure how them giving you a free wall connector that they didnt have to confirms they are a @3qrq23 car company.

I mean the fact that they to have placate people who are trying to give them 50k for a car shows that something is wrong. It’s wrong to expect people to drop everything to pick up a car on a holiday NIGHT that most people have plans on, because Tesla wanted to sell some more models to people who ordered way after. I understand they are trying to sell a record amount of cars, but is it worth creating thousands of customers who instead of being super excited are just meh, if not out right dissatisfied? If anyone asks me if they should get a Tesla, I’m going to tell them my experience with ordering and being ignored, left to wonder if i am even going to get my car while watching people order as late 12/14 on the east coast and getting new cars from the factory (not inventory) as my only update. Yes life isn’t fair blah blah, but this is exactly how countless other companies have died, thinking that they dont need make customer service a priority because they think they have an amazing product. A legacy car maker is going to catch up to Tesla sooner than we think and then its going be a rude awakening if they haven’t fixed this problem by then.

Last edited: