Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12 volt Battery failure at 70,000Kms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Ive experienced my first serious vehicle failure by way of a 12 Volt battery failure.

4 days ago an alarm came up saying 12 volt cell faulty please change soon.
No performance change AP unaffected all good...

2 days later new battery fitted in richmond by Tesla - everything back to normal.

2 days later Alarm came back up but this time 2 more alarms:
First Reduced Power mode
Second Car will not restart when you stop.

It was the second one that freaked me out - peak hour traffic , appointments stacked up all day- Murphy + !
I remember someone else had a 12 volt cell failure early on with Model S but I couldn't find it using the search tool.
Can whoever had the failure comment on the solution they applied. ?

Roadside assist locally are on the job but they say they may not resolve it today/tomorrow. Gotta say I am not pleased.

Thanks Meloccom I hadnt thought of that possibility in all the 'excitement' of the unforgiving traffic.
The guys in California on the remote link were great - system full reboots etc but Ive yet to get any solid response from Tesla Melb as to a loan car, truck pick etc.. that was 9hrs ago.....

A new update...
The 12 volt battery failure is a result not a cause. The main drive unit( Inverter) in my beast has decided to start to die. When the main drive inverter has stability troubles on the high volts rail it shuts down the recharge inverter for the 12 volt battery.
Result: Waiting a few days for a New Drive module to arrive and be fitted in Richmond. Unit is covered under 8 year warranty but it was a worry until I established this as fact. Loaner was delivered yesterday.
It was horrifying driving our old backup Subaru Forester .......:eek: also seriously gutless.
Oh how we've been seduced by the power...........