Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Power Source near front of car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in one of the great states that require you to have a front license plate. I would like to install an electronic hide a plat like I have had on prior vehicles. Where is a good location to tap a 12V Constant near the front of the car?

TIA

I assume that the emergency exit button inside the frunk must be active all the time.
But I would recommend not making any modification to any electrical harness if you car is still under warranty.

You coul tap directly the 12 V from the battery and pass the wires through the front air vent behind the license plate.

I installed a video camera below my front license plate to be able to see the traffic
coming on my left when exiting from my garage without having my car entering into the trafiic lane.

I taped the power from the auxilliary 12 V inside the carand passed the wires on the passenger side,
through the door and just below the finder. So there was no electrical modification or any hole made to the car.