Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v socket not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening all

Tried to use both 12v sockets inside my MY23 today, just for a portable tyre inflator. When I plugged into the front socket in centre console, the inflator worked for 5-10 seconds then cut out completely. I switch to the rear socket in the back and same thing again. The machine is fine cos I checked it in my neighbours car.

Anyone had any issues with these sockets?

Evening all

Tried to use both 12v sockets inside my MY23 today, just for a portable tyre inflator. When I plugged into the front socket in centre console, the inflator worked for 5-10 seconds then cut out completely. I switch to the rear socket in the back and same thing again. The machine is fine cos I checked it in my neighbours car.

Anyone had any issues with these sockets?
These sockets don't provide much power to heavy machinery. The circuit breakers tripped. You can plug it in again after a while.

Above.

When I was looking at tyre inflators, many drew a current higher than the rated continuous of the 12v socket.

Also, is the 12v socket on later cars actually 12v. You might get ~ 14v on an ICE if running the engine, but worth checking voltage delivered and inflator range.

These sockets don't provide much power to heavy machinery. The circuit breakers tripped. You can plug it in again after a while.
tyre inflator is not a HEAVY Machinery. wtf :DDD I just ran one from Halfords on Sunday. it took some time, probably 5 minutes + to inflate neighbourgs car from flat.. I run it for bikes or ball inflations all the time.

OP, book a service.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
tyre inflator is not a HEAVY Machinery. wtf :DDD I just ran one from Halfords on Sunday. it took some time, probably 5 minutes + to inflate neighbourgs car from flat.. I run it for bikes or ball inflations all the time.

OP, book a service.
Aye it’s only a little Halfords one. I ran it before with the previous Model 3 I had no bother, when the bairn wanted her tyres on the bike pumped up.