Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

15% all or 30?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all,

- I'd like to hear your opinion. Car is currently in shop undergoing XPEL Ultimate - Full front. They are also doing ceramic tint.
-Servicer is Echo-Tint.
-Car is refresh Midnight Gray - passenger windows currently have limo tint.

What do you think of tint being 15% all around vs 30%?

I have 25% all the way around aside from the front windshield (none). Some suggested that I go darker, but I opted not to due to night time visibility and also it being illegal here in FL...Really don't need to bring added unwanted attention by law enforcement to myself.

I wasn't thinking of the Tint when I arrived to do the Clear Bra. But they offered the Ceramic at a discount and I had to make a quick decision. So I said 15% all around.

I'm not a big fan of very dark Tint - one of the reasons being the lack of visibility at night - if too dark.

Are you afraid of getting stopped?
Didn't know if you were talking to me or the OP?

If so, unfortunately I'm a younger looking male, a minority, and driving an "expensive" car. I don't need any additional unwanted attention due to violating the law with illegal tint. I'm a firm believer in cause and effect...Don't give the police a cause to pull you over, and you won't have to worry about the effects that may ensue.

Reactions: Max*
My previous car had 35% tint and I was disappointed with it not making the interior less warm on a hot day. I chose 15% this time and I'm happy with the choice. I've noticed a lot of difference now in blocking out the heat when it's close to 90 outside. You can see the front side still has good visibility even from outside. I'll have to test the interior visibility in winter time.

IMG_0266.JPG

That doesn't look too dark. I like! However, I'm thinking it doesn't look dark b/c your seats are beige. Wow! I really like that % though. Very clean!

They advised me that if I didn't like the 30% - they could make it darker? Not sure how that works. I'm new to the tinting world.