TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

17.24.28 am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dakine1, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dakine1

dakine1 Member

Or does the audio system sound way better? When I first drove the car after the update the sound system sounded like it was on mono it was awful. So I went in the eq and moved 1 bar and boom and system kicked in and I belive it sounds way better than before! Anyone else seeing this?

2. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

No, you're crazy.

:)

• Funny x 2
  3. dakine1

dakine1 Member

I don't understand why when I first drove it after the audio was mono until I adjusted. Something there had to have been updated I believe. I'll try and call the SC and get an answer....

• Informative x 1
  4. croman

croman Active Member

Yea, the EQ definitely helps but it certainly wasn't "mono" before adjustments. Maybe there is some bug. I've had my car for 7 months and seen many firmwares with very peculiar bugs.

5. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Do you have UHFS (renamed to high bitrate sound lately)? As documented here Recent bitrate change? Tesla recently was logging in peoples car (certainly did it to me at least) and increased the streaming bitrate to 128kbps.

6. dakine1

dakine1 Member

No I have the standard audio system.

7. dakine1

dakine1 Member

It's hard to explain but my eq is the same now that it was before the update. But I had to move it to get it going if you know what I mean...it was very strange. I thought maybe the eq reset it self but my settings were retained.

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Nope you are not crazy. But 17.24.28 wasn't what fixed it. It was maybe 6 months or so ago that they pushed a codec that significantly improved my UHF system. Now I actually enjoy it for being a factory system.