TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

17.26.17 - Reading/Displaying Incorrect Speed Limit

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Skipdd, Jul 4, 2017.

1. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Since the speed limit is missing or incorrect in so many areas, I wish there was some way to completely disable the speed limit feature.

Incorrect speed limits are a safety problem. If you enable TACC in an area with an incorrectly high speed limit, you could drive much faster than is safe on some roads - one of our nearby surface streets has a 40MPH limit and the Tesla database is showing 55MPH, so TACC tries to set speed to 60MPH.

And when AutoSteer is enabled, if the speed limit database has an incorrectly low speed limit, it will quickly brake to bring the speed down. On a nearby highway with a 65MPH speed limit, it believes the speed limit is 45MPH and slows down to 50MPH unexpectedly - hopefully the cars behind are paying attention...

Until they can get the database fixed - would be better to give us the ability to completely ignore the speed limit database.

• Like x 2
  2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Was in Buffalo area today and speed limits are still displayed wrong at firmware 17.26.17

3. Canuck9000

Canuck9000 P100D

I was in buffalo as well. I simply Changed over to MPH and all speed limit signs were correct. However could Tesla please correct the annoying kph discrepancy in Canada.

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Enabled TACC near our house - and forgot it will quickly speed up to 60 MPH on a 40 MPH road..

5. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

In my case when I switched to MPH, the 45 MPH sign was displayed as 21 MPH. Totally weird.

6. Canuck9000

Canuck9000 P100D

Noticed that this issue has been corrected. Nice wrk Telsa!!

7. doctorwho

doctorwho Active Member

It hasn't been corrected in Australia. 80km/hr signs are read as 30km/hr signs.
    It's been like that since day 1
    Frequent requests to Tesla to fix it.
    Nothing has changed.

8. Canuck9000

Canuck9000 P100D

Version 2017.32.6 ca28227. In Canada.