Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2,200 discount on showroom model. Worth it? Anything I should keep an eye out for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking at an M3 and recently decided to bite the bullet and purchase one. Went and test drove the LR AWD and loved everything about it. In speaking with the Tesla adviser, they mentioned that they have a 2019 showroom model M3 that was built in February 2019 available at a discount of $2,200. Flawless condition with only 3 miles on the car so essentially has no wear. However, it's been sat in by likely hundreds of people since it late-March.

Sounds like a good deal to me but am wondering if there's anything else I need to be concerned about with purchasing a showroom model. Or am I crazy for purchasing it?

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I'm brand new to all of this. What's HW3 and what am I missing at the moment without it? I will be purchasing FSD.

It's the new Autopilot computer shown off at the autonomy investor day in April. I believe they started shipping in new cars built in March.

Basically, today it means absolutely nothing. At some future point, new FSD features may require the hardware 3 computer. If so, and if you have bought FSD, Tesla will swap out the computer for you.

Been looking at an M3 and recently decided to bite the bullet and purchase one. Went and test drove the LR AWD and loved everything about it. In speaking with the Tesla adviser, they mentioned that they have a 2019 showroom model M3 that was built in February 2019 available at a discount of $2,200. Flawless condition with only 3 miles on the car so essentially has no wear. However, it's been sat in by likely hundreds of people since it late-March.

Sounds like a good deal to me but am wondering if there's anything else I need to be concerned about with purchasing a showroom model. Or am I crazy for purchasing it?

If you don't see any visible wear I guess it really comes down to the psychological aspect of hundreds of folks sitting in your car before you. $2,200 divided by say 200 people equals about $11 per butt in the seat. :) I would ask to test drive that showroom car and if it all checks out save the $2200 plus the $3750 tax credit.

• Funny
Reactions: duanra

3 miles and looks good? Buy it if it’s got what you want (color, model, etc)

They’ve probably fixed every single cosmetic problem on a showroom car. You’re better off than just one off the lot.

If you’re getting your Full Self Drive, then previous version Autopilot hardware is not an issue. Replacement / upgrade included in FSD price.

We’re very happy with the Demo Model S we bought 18 months/ 24,000 miles ago. No defects, no visible wear when received.

I purchased a demo LR RWD yesterday with 400 miles on it. They have me a $1000 discount. It was flawless except curb rash on one rim which they told me about before hand and will replace. I didn’t pay final payment or sign anything until I inspected that car and it was in great shape. I had the theory that a demo car would be in amazing shape and it was.

Reactions: pipestem